Pummelled by pace
Stats highlights from another thoroughly dominant performance by Australia, as they swept to a series win and subjected India to their fifth innings defeat in the last 13 months
- The result is the 12th innings win for a team in 39 Tests in Perth, and the seventh such result in the last 17. It's the first one, though, since 2003.
- Australia have averaged 47.08 per wicket so far in this series; India have averaged 22.90. The stats aren't dissimilar to those in England in 2011, when India averaged 25.55 to the home team's 59.76.
- There have been nine 50-plus scores in the series for each team. Australia's four best scores, though, are 329*, 180, 150* and 134. India's top four scores are 83, 80, 75, and 73.
- Australia's fast bowlers continue to rampage through the Indian line-up. In this series they've taken 57 wickets at 19.75, which is their fourth-best bowling average in a series since 2000.
- In the last 13 months, India have lost five Tests by an innings: one in South Africa, and two each in England and Australia. Their previous five innings defeats spanned almost ten years, from March 2000 to February 2010. Between October 2001 and March 2008 India didn't lose a single Test by an innings.
- It's the tenth time in 27 innings that India were bowled out for less than 250. During this period they've averaged 26.51 runs per wicket overseas; at home they've averaged 44.87.
- In three Tests in this series, Ben Hilfenhaus has taken 23 wickets at an average of 16 and a strike rate of 35.1. In his previous six Tests he had taken 13 wickets at 52, and a strike rate of 110.6.
- In 39 Tests in the subcontinent, MS Dhoni averages 45.40, with five hundreds and 14 fifties; in 28 Tests outside the subcontinent he averages 29.25, with ten fifties and no centuries.
- Rahul Dravid was bowled for the 54th time, which is a record in Test cricket, going past Allan Border's previous record of 53. (Click here for the list of bowlers who've got him out bowled.)
S Rajesh is stats editor of ESPNcricinfo. Follow him on Twitter
© ESPN Sports Media Ltd.