No commitment yet on tour to Pak
BCB president Nazmul Hassan met Zaka Ashraf, the PCB chairman, during the third India-Pakistan ODI in Delhi in a bid to restore bilateral relations, but no firm commitment of a future tour was made during the meeting. Last week, Bangladesh had pulled the plug on a proposed tour to Pakistan in the wake of the the security situation in Pakistan, about which the ICC has also expressed its concern.
"The BCB president assured Mr. Ashraf that he will have detailed discussion on the Pakistan tour with the board's ad hoc executive committee on his return to Bangladesh after attending the Asian Cricket Council meeting in Kuala Lumpur," Jalal Yunus, the BCB's media committee chairman, said. "The two boards also decided to work closely to find out an appropriate time to tour Pakistan."
"They also talked about participation of Pakistani players in the second edition of Bangladesh Premier League."
After the BCB voiced its reluctance to tour Pakistan, the PCB retaliated by questioning its players' availability in the BPL scheduled to begin on January 18. The domestic Quaid-e-Azam Trophy is also going to run during the same time but the BCB are confident that the Pakistan players will show up.
"When the request was made to send the Pakistani players to the BPL, the PCB president neither agreed nor denied so we have to wait and see," Yunus said.
Meanwhile, Dave Richardson, the ICC CEO, has said that the PCB has a lot to do to encourage teams to tour Pakistan. "It's premature to say whether it's still safe to tour Pakistan or not. They've got a difficult situation there. They still have a lot of work to do in convincing the international world that it is safe to go to Pakistan," he said.
In March when the BCB had first announced of its desire to tour Pakistan, the ICC had issued "special dispensation" for cases that required local match officials in a bilateral series if they can't send neutral officials.
Mohammad Isam is ESPNcricinfo's Bangladesh correspondent