Points table for matches completed by 12 Mar 2011
Points by match: Group A
|20 Feb 2011||New Zealand||2||Kenya||0||Table | Match|
|21 Feb 2011||Australia||2||Zimbabwe||0||Table | Match|
|23 Feb 2011||Pakistan||2||Kenya||0||Table | Match|
|25 Feb 2011||Australia||2||New Zealand||0||Table | Match|
|26 Feb 2011||Pakistan||2||Sri Lanka||0||Table | Match|
|28 Feb 2011||Zimbabwe||2||Canada||0||Table | Match|
|1 Mar 2011||Sri Lanka||2||Kenya||0||Table | Match|
|3 Mar 2011||Pakistan||2||Canada||0||Table | Match|
|4 Mar 2011||New Zealand||2||Zimbabwe||0||Table | Match|
|5 Mar 2011||Sri Lanka||1||Australia||1||Table | Match|
|7 Mar 2011||Canada||2||Kenya||0||Table | Match|
|8 Mar 2011||New Zealand||2||Pakistan||0||Table | Match|
|10 Mar 2011||Sri Lanka||2||Zimbabwe||0||Table | Match|
Points by match: Group B
|19 Feb 2011||India||2||Bangladesh||0||Table | Match|
|22 Feb 2011||England||2||Netherlands||0||Table | Match|
|24 Feb 2011||South Africa||2||West Indies||0||Table | Match|
|25 Feb 2011||Bangladesh||2||Ireland||0||Table | Match|
|27 Feb 2011||India||1||England||1||Table | Match|
|28 Feb 2011||West Indies||2||Netherlands||0||Table | Match|
|2 Mar 2011||Ireland||2||England||0||Table | Match|
|3 Mar 2011||South Africa||2||Netherlands||0||Table | Match|
|4 Mar 2011||West Indies||2||Bangladesh||0||Table | Match|
|6 Mar 2011||England||2||South Africa||0||Table | Match|
|9 Mar 2011||India||2||Netherlands||0||Table | Match|
|11 Mar 2011||West Indies||2||Ireland||0||Table | Match|
|12 Mar 2011||South Africa||2||India||0||Table | Match|
The following points system will apply:
Tie or no result 1
In the event of teams finishing on equal points in its Group, the right to play in the quarter-finals will be decided in the following order of priority:
- The team with the most wins in the Group matches will be placed in the higher position.
- If there are teams with equal points and equal wins in the Group matches then in such case the team with the higher net run rate in the Group matches will be placed in the higher position (refer below for the calculation of net run rate).
- If following the net run rate calculation above there are teams which are still equal, then the team with the higher number of wickets taken per balls bowled in the Group matches in which results were achieved will be placed in the higher position.
- If still equal, the team which was the winner of the head to head match played between them will be placed in the higher position.
- In the highly unlikely event that teams cannot be separated by the above this will be done by drawing lots.
- If a quarter-final is tied, the teams shall compete in a one over per side eliminator to determine which team progresses to the semi-final. Refer to Appendix 7. here
- If following a tie, weather conditions prevent the one over eliminator from being completed, or if the match is a no result, then the team that finished in the higher position in the Group stage shall proceed to the semi-finals.
- If a Semi-Final is tied, the teams shall compete in a one over per side eliminator to determine which team progresses to the final. Refer to Appendix 7. here.
- If following a tie, weather conditions prevent the one over eliminator from being completed, or if the match is a no result, then the team that finished in the higher position in the Group stage shall proceed to the final.
In the event of a tied final, the teams shall compete in a one over per side eliminator to determine which team is the winner. Refer to Appendix 7. here. If weather conditions prevent the one over eliminator from being completed, the teams will be declared joint winners.
In the event of a no result, provided weather conditions permit, the teams shall compete in a one over per side eliminator to determine which team is the winner. If weather conditions do not permit, the teams will be declared joint winners.
Net Run Rate
A team‟s net run rate is calculated by deducting from the average runs per over scored by that team throughout the competition, the average runs per over scored against that team throughout the competition.
In the event of a team being all out in less than its full quota of overs, the calculation of its net run rate shall be based on the full quota of overs to which it would have been entitled and not on the number of overs in which the team was dismissed.
Note: Any play during a one over per side eliminator is excluded from these calculations.
Only those matches where results are achieved will count for the purpose of net run rate calculations. Where a match is abandoned, but a result is achieved under Duckworth/Lewis, for net run rate purposes Team 1 will be accredited with Team 2‟s Par Score on abandonment off the same number of overs faced by Team 2. Where a match is concluded but with Duckworth/Lewis having been applied at an earlier point in the match, Team 1 will be accredited with 1 run less than the final Target Score for Team 2 off the total number of overs allocated to Team 2 to reach the target.
In circumstances where a match (and the points for such match) is awarded to a team as a result of the other team‟s refusal to play, either by the umpires in accordance with Law 21.3 (a)(ii) or in accordance with the provisions of the relevant event agreements signed by the participating teams, the net run rate of the defaulting team shall be affected in that the full 50 overs of the defaulting team‟s innings in such forfeited match shall be taken into account in calculating the average runs per over of the defaulting team over the course of the relevant portion of the competition. For the avoidance of doubt the runs scored and overs bowled in such forfeited match will not be taken into account when calculating the net run rate of the team to whom the match was awarded.