USA replacement players approved for ICC Champions Trophy
The Event Technical Committee for the ICC Champions Trophy 2004 has approved a request from the United States of America to replace two players in their 14 man squad for the tournament.
Fast bowler Imran Awan has been replaced by Donavan Blake on exceptional grounds, while Jignesh Desai comes into the squad for Zamin Amin who has been ruled out through injury.
Grounds for countries seeking player replacements are classified as either medical - injury or illness - or exceptional. Once a player has been replaced in a squad he can take no further part in the tournament.
The Event Technical Committee for the ICC Champions Trophy 2004 comprises:
- David Richardson, ICC General Manager-Cricket (or his nominee), as Chairman
- David Clarke, ECB Host Tournament Director
- Campbell Jamieson, IDI Commercial Manager, IDI representative
- John Carr, ECB Director of Cricket, ECB representative
- Sunil Gavaskar, independent IDI nominee
- Michael Holding, independent IDI nominee