|Photos||Video & Audio||Blogs||Statistics||Archive||Shop||Mobile|
April 19, 2007
Vusi Sibanda has denied press reports that he has quit international cricket.
Speaking to the state-controlled Herald newspaper, he said: "My intention remains to better my game in Sydney. This is important for me as a professional. It is also vital for me as an international player because nowhere have I ever said that I am turning my back on Zimbabwe".
However, those comments conflict with ones made in Australia earlier in the week, and sources inside Zimbabwe said that the player may well have come under pressure as he has yet to be paid his fees owed from the World Cup.
© ESPN Sports Media Ltd.
Stats highlights from the fourth ODI between India and West Indies in Dharamsala