1st final C & U series: Australia v Pakistan, Statistical Highlights
- It was the 1554th ODI in cricket history.
- Pakistan by losing first four wickets for just 12 runs got off to
one of the worst starts in its ODI history. Only twice before Pakistan
had lost first four wickets with lesser score.It had lost its first
four wickets for only 9 runs against South Africa at Lahore on 02-11-
1997 and for only 11 runs against WestIndies at Brisbane on 09-01-
1993.Incidentally Bangladesh holds the world record of lowest score
achieved at the fall of first four wickets.It had a score of 4 for 8
against SriLanka at Dhaka on
- The catch of Abdur Razzaq was 100th for Steve Waugh.He
became second Australian and fifth fileder after Mohammad
Azharuddin (153),Allan Border (127),Roshan Mahanama (109)
and Viv Richards (101) to do so.
- By taking 285 match for his 100th catch,Steve Waugh
became the slowest to accomplish this feat.India's
Mohammad Azharuddin had taken 231 matches for completing
his century of catches,while Border,Mahanama and Richards
took 219,194 and 182 matches respectively.
- Steve Waugh remained unbeaten for the 50th time in his
ODI career. He became second batsman after India's
Mohammad Azharuddin (53) to play 50 or more not out innings.
- Australia registered its eighth consecutive win,which is
its fourth best sequence in ODIs. The following table
lists Australia's best runs of most consecutive wins
in ODIs :
10 v Pakistan 23-02-1990 to v SriLanka 02-05-1990 10 v Bangladesh 27-05-1999 to v India 28-08-1999 9 v NewZealand 07-01-1988 to v England 04-02-1988
- Glenn McGrath won his fifth MoM award.It was also second
award against Pakistan.The other award came in the
final of the three nations Wills Series at Lahore on
30-10-1994 when he returned the figures of 5 for 52.