11th Match, C & U series: India v Pakistan, Statistical Highlights
- It was the 1550th ODI.
- This match was 53rd for Ijaz Ahmed against India-most by a player
against India. The previous record was on the name of fellow Pakistani
Salim Malik with 52 matches.
- Wasim Akram completed his 3000 runs in ODIs when his score reached
30. He became ninth Pakistani and 60th batsman overall to reach this
milestone. By taking 229 innings Akram achieved the dubious distinction
of being the slowest in terms of most innings taken to complete his
3000 runs. Previous record was on the name of SriLankan Hashan
Tillekeratne who took 140 innings for his 3000 runs. Interestingly
Akram also holds the record of being the slowest to complete 1000 and
2000 runs as he took as many as 94 and 165 innings for the two mile
- The wicket of Moin Khan was 50th for Saurav Ganguly. He became 17th
Indian and 117th bowler overall to do so. By taking 133 matches Ganguly
became the fifth slowest after Salim Malik (203), Allan Border (199),
Aravinda DeSilva (183) and Sachin Tendulkar (175) to accomplish this
- The wicket of Shoaib Malik was 254th for Anil Kumble. He thus
became the leading wicket-taker for India surpassing Kapil Dev's tally
of 253 wickets. Interestingly Kumble took 189 matches as against
Kapil's 225 to better his record. Now only Wasim Akram (408) and Waqar
Younis (292) have taken more wickets than Kumble in ODIs.
- Pakistan's total (261-8) was the highest by a side without an
individual fifty. The previous highest was NewZealand's 257-8 against
South Africa at Napier on 26-03-1999. The highest such totals are :
261-7 (50 overs) Pak v Ind Perth 28-01-00 Saeed Anwar 44 257-8 (48 overs) NZ v SA Napier 26-03-99 AC Parore 44 247 (55.5 overs) Ind v Aus Chelmsford 20-06-83 Yashpal Sharma 40 246 (47 overs) WI v Aus Bridgetown 13-03-91 PJL Dujon 39 246-7 (50 overs) Eng v Aus Brisbane 16-12-90 PAJ DeFreitas 49*
- The catch of Ganguly was 200th dismissal for Moin Khan as 'keeper
in his 146th match. He became first Pakistani and only the third
'keeper to do so after Ian Healy (234 dismissals in 168 matches) and
Jeff Dujon (202 dismissals in 166 matches). Having already completed
his 2000 runs, Moin became first ever 'keeper to achieve the unique
double 'double' of 2000 runs and 200 dismissals.
- India lost a match by a margin of 100 or more runs for 13th time
in its history. It was fourth such instance for India against Pakistan
- Wasim Akram won his 19th MoM award.