3rd Match, Singer Triangular Series, SA v Pak, Statistical Highlights
- It was the 1606th ODI in cricket history.
- It was Pakistan's 474th and South Africa's 199th ODI.
- It was the 26th meeting between these two sides. The record now
reads: South Africa 17, Pakistan 9.
- Umpires Peter Manuel and Asoka de Silva were officiating in their
33rd and fifth match respectively.
- Jacques Kallis' innings (83) is the highest by a South African
batsman on Sri Lankan soil. The previous highest was 81 by Andrew Hall
against Sri Lanka at Galle on 06-07-2000.
- The catch of Jacques Kallis was sixth for Shoaib Malik in a match
as a substitute. With this he equals the tally of Pakistan's Asif
Mujtaba and Sri Lanka's Upul Chandana. Now only New Zealand's John
Bracewell and Pakistan's Shoaib Mohammad have taken more catches as a
substitute in a career 7 apiece.
- The partnership of 101 runs was the 13th century partnership for
the first wicket for Pakistan involving Saeed Anwar. He thus went past
of Australia's Mark Waugh's, Pakistan's Saeed Anwar's and India's
Sourav Ganguly's tally of century partnerships for first wicket. Now
only Desmond Haynes (26), Gordon Greenidge (18) and Sachin Tendulkar
(16) have appeared in more century patrnerships for first wicket than
Anwar in ODIs.
- The partnership was also the 21st century stand in which Anwar was
involved. The break-up: 13 for first wicket, 5 for second wicket and
three for third wicket.For Pakistan only Inzamam-ul-Haq (26), Javed
Miandad (25) and Rameez Raja (24) have figured in more century
partnerships than Anwar. Incidentally Salim Malik's name also appears
in 21 century stands.
- Just for the record, West Indian Desmond Haynes holds the world
record of most century stands 46.
- Nicky Boje recorded his first four wicket haul in a one-day
international. His previous best was 3 for 33 against West Indies at
Port Elizabeth on 30-01-1999.
- Boje's figures are also the best by a South African spinner in
ODIs. This obliterates the previous best of 4 for 28 by Pat Symcox
against Australia at Sydney 04-12-1997. Incidentally the previous best
figures for a South African spinner against Pakistan were on the name
of Eric Simons by 4 for 42 at Cape Town on 10-01-1995.
- Boje's figures are the best by a South African bowler on Sri
Lankan soil betaing the previous best of 3 for 12 by Brian McMillan
against Sri Lanka at Colombo RP on 02-09-1993.
- Jacques Kallis won his 13th Man of the Match award. With this he
surpassed Gary Kirsten's tally of awards. Now only Hansie Cronje (18)
and Lance Klusener (17) have won more awards for South Africa than
© ESPN Sports Media Ltd.