|Photos||Video & Audio||Blogs||Statistics||Archive||Shop||Mobile|
May 29, 2000
Decisions taken at the meeting of the General Council of the United Cricket Board of South Africa in Johannesburg on May 27 2000.
1. The South Africa 'A' team to tour the West Indies in August and September 2000 will be managed by Henry Paulse. The co-coaches who have been appointed for the tour are Shukri Conrad of Gauteng, who worked with the SA national team during the 1999/2000 tour by England, and former Transvaal and South Africa fast bowler Hugh Page, who is the convener of the SA Under 19 selectors. The UCBSA believes that these two coaches are ideal to guide the young South Africa 'A' side to reach their full potential.
2. Hennie du Toit will manage the PG Bison SA Under 15 team to compete in the World Challenge in England in July. Denis Lindsay and Leon Roberts will coach the side. Lindsay, who is convener of selectors for the Under 15 team, replaces Dave Nosworthy, who withdrew after he was appointed coach at Northerns.
3. South Africa was asked by the ICC to nominate two match referees. Former South African wicketkeeper Denis Lindsay has been nominated by the UCBSA for one of those positions. The affiliates of the UCBSA have been asked to nominate a top former black South African cricketer whose name will also be put forward to the ICC as a match referee.
4. Rudi Koertzen and Dave Orchard remain the South African umpires nominated to the ICC Test umpires panel.
5. Dr Preggie Moodley, who accompanied the South African national team to India earlier this year, will act as team doctor on the tour of Sri Lanka in July.
6. The India 'A' team will tour South Africa in February 2001 to play four-day and one-day matches against South Africa 'A'.
7. The position of Director of Coaching at the UCBSA remains vacant. The UCBSA Executive Committee had nominated Patrick Symcox for the post, but he withdrew before the meeting of the General Council.
A look at some of cricket's most memorable strokes - and their makers