Points table for matches completed by 26 Jan 2014
|United Arab Emirates||3||2||1||0||0||4||+0.930||741/128.0||622/128.0|
|Papua New Guinea||3||2||1||0||0||4||+0.003||544/117.5||692/150.0|
|United Arab Emirates||4||3||1||0||0||6||+0.848||1044/178.0||893/178.0|
|Papua New Guinea||4||3||1||0||0||6||+1.095||714/134.5||840/200.0|
Points by match: Super Sixes
|13 Jan 2014||P.N.G.||2||Kenya||0||Match|
|17 Jan 2014||Namibia||2||Kenya||0||Match|
|19 Jan 2014||Scotland||2||U.A.E.||0||Match|
|23 Jan 2014||P.N.G.||2||Namibia||0||Match|
|26 Jan 2014||U.A.E.||2||P.N.G.||0||Table | Match|
Points by match: Group A
|13 Jan 2014||U.A.E.||2||Nepal||0||Table | Match|
|15 Jan 2014||U.A.E.||2||Canada||0||Table | Match|
|16 Jan 2014||Scotland||2||Nepal||0||Table | Match|
|17 Jan 2014||Hong Kong||2||Canada||0||Table | Match|
|19 Jan 2014||Hong Kong||2||Nepal||0||Table | Match|
|21 Jan 2014||Canada||2||Nepal||0||Table | Match|
|23 Jan 2014||Scotland||2||Canada||0||Table | Match|
Points by match: Group B
|13 Jan 2014||Netherlands||2||Uganda||0||Table | Match|
|15 Jan 2014||Namibia||2||Netherlands||0||Table | Match|
|16 Jan 2014||P.N.G.||2||Uganda||0||Table | Match|
|17 Jan 2014||Namibia||2||Kenya||0||Table | Match|
|19 Jan 2014||Kenya||2||Uganda||0||Table | Match|
|21 Jan 2014||Namibia||2||Uganda||0||Table | Match|
|23 Jan 2014||P.N.G.||2||Namibia||0||Table | Match|
The following point system will apply:
Tie or No result 1
21.10.1 Group Stage
In the event of teams finishing on equal points at the end of the Group stage, the order of finishing will be decided in the following or-der of priority:
- The team with the most number of wins in the group matches will be placed in the higher position.
- If there are teams with equal points and equal wins in the group matches, then in such case the team with the higher net run rate in the group matches will be placed in the higher position (refer to 21.10.5 below for the calculation of net run rate).
- If still equal, the team which was the winner of the head to head match played between them will be placed in the higher posi-tion.
- If still equal, any teams that cannot be separated in this way shall be according to their original seeding for the tournament.
- If all matches within a Group are abandoned, the top 3 seeded teams in each group will progress to the Super Six stage.
21.10.2 Super Six Stage
In the event of teams finishing on equal points at the end of the Super Six stage, the order of finishing will be decided in the follow-ing order of priority:
- The most wins in all of the matches throughout the competition against the other Super Six stage qualifiers will be placed in the higher position.
- If there are teams with equal points and equal wins in the Super Six stage then in such case the team with the higher net run rate in all matches played against the other Super Six qualifiers (in both the Group stage and Super Six stage) will be placed in the higher position (refer to 21.10.5 below for the calculation of net run rate).
- If still equal, the team which was the winner of the head to head match played between them will be placed in the higher position.
- If still equal, any teams that cannot be separated in this way shall be according to their original seeding for the tourna-ment.
- If all of the matches in the Super Six stage are abandoned, the order of finishing will be determined by the team's per-formances in the Group stage as follows: Group standing, most points, most wins. Any teams that cannot be separated in this way shall be according to their original seeding for the tournament.
21.10.3 Playoff Ranking Matches
In the event of a playoff ranking match being tied the teams shall compete in a Super Over to determine the winner.
If following a tie, weather conditions prevent the Super Over from being completed, or if the match is a no result, the order of finishing will be determined by the team's performances in the Group stage as follows: Group standing, most points, most wins. Any teams that cannot be separated in this way shall be according to their original seeding for the tournament.
21.10.4 Final - Tournament Winner
In the event of a tied final the teams shall compete in a Super Over to determine the winner. Refer Appendix 7. If weather conditions prevent the Super Over from being completed or if there is no result, the tournament winner shall be the team that finished in the higher position in the Super Six stage.
21.10.5 Net Run Rate
A team's net run rate is calculated by deducting from the average runs per over scored by that team throughout the competition, the average runs per over scored against that team throughout the competition. In the event of a team being all out in less than its full quota of overs, the calculation of its net run rate of both teams shall be based on the full quota of overs to which the batting team would have been entitled and not on the number of overs in which the team was dismissed.
Note: Any play during a Super Over is excluded from these calculations.
Only those matches where results are achieved will count for the purpose of net run rate calculations. Where a match is abandoned, but a result is achieved under Duckworth/Lewis, for net run rate purposes Team 1 will be accredited with Team 2's Par Score on abandonment off the same number of overs faced by Team 2. Where a match is concluded but with Duckworth/Lewis having been applied at an earlier point in the match, Team 1 will be accredited with 1 run less than the final target score for Team 2 off the total number of overs allocated to Team 2 to reach the target.
In circumstances where a match (and the points for such match) is awarded to a team as a result of the other team's refusal to play, either by the Match Referee in accordance with Law 21.3 (a)(ii) as read with playing condition 21.3 or in accordance with the provisions of the relevant event agreements signed by the participating teams, the net run rate of the defaulting team shall be affected in that the full 50 overs of the defaulting team's innings in such forfeited match shall be taken into account in calculating the average runs per over of the defaulting team over the course of the relevant portion of the competition. For the avoidance of doubt the runs scored and overs bowled in such forfeited match will not be taken into account when calculating the net run rate of the team to whom the match was awarded.
21.10.6 In the event of any dispute the Event Technical Committee may be called on to make a ruling and its ruling will be final.