|Photos||Video & Audio||Blogs||Statistics||Archive||Fantasy||Mobile|
The spacious Darlington cricket ground lies on the edge of Darlington town centre adjacent to Darlington Football Club's ground. The square can accommodate at least 20 wickets, and the ground has ample space for hospitality marquees.
The ground was established in 1866 when Darlington CC moved from their old ground at Park Street, taking their turf with them, to a new site. Durham played their first Minor County match there in 1895. The pavilion was built in 1903 and for some time the cricket and football clubs shared facilities. The record crowd was against the South African tourists in 1901 and the West Indies in 1923, when around 5000 watched.
The main East Coast line railway station lies within easy walking distance, as does the town's superb Dolphin Sports Centre.
Map & Hotels Click here