Yorkshire lodge complaint with ECB
Yorkshire have formally appealed to the ECB regarding the decision to reschedule Worcestershire and Kent's match which was washed out last week. The club has sent a letter asking the ECB to revoke its decision.
Their chief executive Stewart Regan said: "We have made a submission to the ECB, on behalf of 10 first-class counties, appealing against the decision. Two other counties have expressed their opposition independently.
"This decision challenges the integrity of the competition and could affect the outcome of the championship and relegation. We are all convinced that the ECB must reconsider."
Even though the ECB stressed the extraordinary situation regarding the events at New Road over the past week, Yorkshire believe it sets a dangerous precedent and their coach Martyn Moxon called the decision "an absolute disgrace".
Yorkshire's recent Championship match, against Lancashire at Old Trafford, lost the first two days to a flooded outfield and Moxon added: "We had a flooded ground here after the rain on Monday. Is that exceptional circumstances?"
He received backing from Lancashire's chairman Jack Simmons who signed the letter "on the basis the Club believes it was a flawed decision".
In a statement on their website, Lancashire said: "Whilst Lancashire County Cricket Club sympathise with Worcestershire CCC and Kent, in these circumstances we are of the view that the board has made an incorrect decision in this instance and we therefore urge the ECB to reconsider this decision."
The Worcestershire match will now be replayed on July 30-August 3 with a one-day break on August 2 because Worcestershire have a Pro40 match at Chelmsford.