|Pakistan 1st innings||R||M||B||4s||6s||SR|
|Aamer Sohail||lbw b Brown||2||13||14||0||0||14.28|
|Saeed Anwar||c †Russell b Hick||74||162||120||10||0||61.66|
|Ijaz Ahmed||b Cork||1||10||8||0||0||12.50|
|Saleem Malik||run out (Salisbury/†Russell)||7||13||12||1||0||58.33|
|Shadab Kabir||lbw b Cork||17||76||64||1||0||26.56|
|Wasim Akram*||lbw b Ealham||10||50||34||1||0||29.41|
|Rashid Latif†||c Hick b Salisbury||45||137||111||4||0||40.54|
|Mushtaq Ahmed||c †Russell b Mullally||11||28||29||2||0||37.93|
|Waqar Younis||c Brown b Mullally||4||13||9||1||0||44.44|
|Extras||(b 3, lb 5, nb 3)||11|
|Total||(all out; 108.2 overs)||340||(3.13 runs per over)|
|England 1st innings||R||M||B||4s||6s||SR|
|NV Knight||lbw b Waqar Younis||51||139||107||7||0||47.66|
|MA Atherton*||lbw b Wasim Akram||12||22||8||2||0||150.00|
|AJ Stewart||lbw b Mushtaq Ahmed||39||121||102||6||0||38.23|
|GP Thorpe||b Ata-ur-Rehman||77||239||167||6||0||46.10|
|GA Hick||b Waqar Younis||4||18||20||0||0||20.00|
|MA Ealham||c †Rashid Latif b Ata-ur-Rehman||25||80||79||3||0||31.64|
|RC Russell†||not out||41||172||110||5||0||37.27|
|DG Cork||c Saeed Anwar b Ata-ur-Rehman||3||7||4||0||0||75.00|
|IDK Salisbury||lbw b Waqar Younis||5||3||5||1||0||100.00|
|AD Mullally||b Waqar Younis||0||3||2||0||0||0.00|
|SJE Brown||b Ata-ur-Rehman||1||22||17||0||0||5.88|
|Extras||(b 9, lb 13, w 1, nb 4)||27|
|Total||(all out; 102.4 overs)||285||(2.77 runs per over)|
|Pakistan 2nd innings||R||M||B||4s||6s||SR|
|Saeed Anwar||c †Russell b Mullally||88||198||144||8||1||61.11|
|Shadab Kabir||c †Russell b Cork||33||204||151||5||0||21.85|
|Ijaz Ahmed||lbw b Cork||76||182||126||9||1||60.31|
|Mushtaq Ahmed||c Thorpe b Brown||5||21||11||1||0||45.45|
|Inzamam-ul-Haq||c Ealham b Cork||70||187||148||9||0||47.29|
|Saleem Malik||not out||27||95||58||3||0||46.55|
|Wasim Akram*||not out||34||60||43||6||0||79.06|
|Extras||(b 4, lb 14, nb 1)||19|
|Total||(5 wickets dec; 113.2 overs)||352||(3.10 runs per over)|
|England 2nd innings (target: 408 runs)||R||M||B||4s||6s||SR|
|NV Knight||lbw b Waqar Younis||1||27||19||0||0||5.26|
|MA Atherton*||c sub (Asif Mujtaba) b Mushtaq Ahmed||64||278||211||8||0||30.33|
|AJ Stewart||c sub (Moin Khan) b Mushtaq Ahmed||89||258||189||8||0||47.08|
|GP Thorpe||lbw b Mushtaq Ahmed||3||62||35||0||0||8.57|
|GA Hick||b Waqar Younis||4||6||6||1||0||66.66|
|MA Ealham||b Mushtaq Ahmed||5||11||8||1||0||62.50|
|RC Russell†||c †Rashid Latif b Waqar Younis||1||12||8||0||0||12.50|
|DG Cork||b Waqar Younis||3||9||10||0||0||30.00|
|IDK Salisbury||c †Rashid Latif b Wasim Akram||40||72||58||7||0||68.96|
|AD Mullally||c sub (Moin Khan) b Mushtaq Ahmed||6||25||18||1||0||33.33|
|SJE Brown||not out||10||40||27||2||0||37.03|
|Extras||(b 6, lb 7, nb 4)||17|
|Total||(all out; 97.1 overs)||243||(2.50 runs per over)|
- The last instance when England played 2 left-arm seamers together was in 1912, H.Dean and F.Foster, 2 Tests.
- Simon Brown picked up his maiden wicket off his 10th ball in Tests.
- Cork was off the ground for a brief while to get his elbow bandaged, Andrew Flintoff substituted.
- Saleem Malik was dropped by Atherton (a difficult chance) of Ealham when he had not opened his account.
- Inzamam-ul-Haq's 5th Test century, all of them made abroad. He reached his century with a 4 and a 6 off Hick's bowling.
- Cork left the field in the 72nd over. Flintoff fielding as the substitute.
- Inzamam-ul-Haq dropped by Thorpe off Brown in the slips, at the individual score of 132, and Pakistan Total 251/5.
- When on 136, Inzamam-ul-Haq's crossed his previous highest score of 135* made against New Zealand.
- Mushtaq Ahmed and Rashid Latif ran 5 runs, but the TV replay umpire ruled that as only a 4, as the ball crossed the boundary.
- The 9th wicket fell on the 4th ball of the last over of the day. That was the close of play for Day 1.
- Knight edged a googly from Mushtaq Ahmed and was dropped in the 1st slip by Aamir Sohail, when his score was 48 and England Total 100/1. While Knight indicated that he had played the ball, the Umpire awarded legbyes (2 runs). Replays however showed that Knight had indeed hit the ball.
- During the Tea interval, the umpires decided to award 2 runs to Knight (that were earlier awarded as legbyes).
- Ealham gave a chance of caught and bowled to Mushtaq Ahmed when on 18 and England Total 157/4.
- Wasim Akram off the field, Moin Khan the substitute fielder.
- Thorpe dropped at short leg off the bowling of Mushtaq Ahmed, when on 43, and England Total 200/5, in the last over of the day.
- Inzamam-ul-Haq bruised his left knee and left the field. Shahid Anwar substituted.
- Thorpe dropped by Rashid Latif off the bowling of Waqar Younis, when on 73 and England Total at 254/5.
- Lunch taken at the fall of the 9th wicket, Mullally.
- Aamer Sohail is injured. Shadab Kabir is opening the batting with Saeed Anwar.
- A female streaker runs towards the pavilion.
- Atherton dropped by Rashid Latif off Ata-ur-Rehman when on 19, and the England Total at 39/1.
- A maximum of 124 overs to be bowled in England's 2nd innings.
- Man of the Match adjudicator: Jonathan Agnew