Notts press ahead with development
Nottinghamshire hope to make further improvements to Trent Bridge ahead of the 2013 Ashes. They have submitted plans for a £1.5 million project to install a second replay screen.
Trent Bridge has twice been voted the ground offering the best spectator experience and Nottinghamshire believe further improvements will help them retain their status with supporters and improve their chances of securing future international cricket. The county were recently awarded the gold package of international matches, guaranteeing them Ashes Tests in 2013 and 2015.
A second replay screen would replace the scoreboard erected in 1974 between the Radcliffe Road and Fox Road stands. The screen would be mounted above a two-storey structure, housing new space for the groundstaff and a hospitality suite. The outcome of the planning application should be heard before the club's AGM on February 27, with work to commence in September. The county are considering funding options for the project.
"The space is limited here at Trent Bridge so we have make use of every square foot," outgoing chief executive Derek Brewer said. "This is the next logical step for the ground development. We currently have to erect a temporary scoreboard and replay screen for international matches."
Nottinghamshire will then turn their attention to redeveloping the William Clarke stand, between the Radcliffe Road end and Parr stand. "We are already looking at what would go into building that new stand," Brewer said. "It's important we remain ambitious to develop our facilities."
Brewer has overseen the continued development of Trent Bridge and guided them to a record profit last year. He was appointed secretary and chief executive of MCC in December and will replace Keith Bradshaw in April.