Vincent expects more corruption charges
Lou Vincent expects more corruption charges to be laid against him in the near future after the ECB took action in relation to alleged fixing in county cricket.
However, Vincent has denied that he has made any plea-bargins with the ICC in connection with his recently exposed testimony which has implicated games played in a number of countries.
Vincent faces 14 charges from the ECB alone in relation to a CB40 match between Sussex and Kent in 2011 and a Twenty20 match between Sussex and Lancashire in the same year.
"He will work through these and the process for dealing with the charges as required by the ECB," a statement issued by Vincent's lawyer, Chris Morris, said. "He further confirms the charges arise from the matters he has disclosed to the authorities, and he remains accountable for his actions of the past.
"The fact of the charges, and more are likely, dispel any notions of a plea bargain having been done as unfortunately appears to be wrongly suggested by others."
Sussex also released a statement about the charges on Friday.
"Sussex County Cricket Club is naturally extremely disappointed with the allegations surrounding the actions of Lou Vincent and Naveed Arif Gondal," they said. "Sussex have worked very closely and co-operated with the ECB Anti-Corruption unit to help establish the facts of what occurred in the two limited-overs matches during 2011 and will continue to do so.
"We believe that the education available to players and staff and the controls that have been put in place by the ECB and the Professional Cricketers' Association put our game in a good position as we move forward."
The CB40 match in question was previously cleared by the ICC's Anti Corruption Unit before the ECB reopened the investigation in 2012.
On Thursday, Paul Downton, the managing director of England cricket, said that five county matches are under investigation but believes the problem is not engulfing the game.
"It's an enormous concern - match-fixing is potentially a cancer for any sport," he told BBC's Test Match Special. "I don't think it's as widespread as the recent press coverage has led us to believe. I understand five matches in England in the last six years are being investigated. It is something the ECB takes extremely seriously."
Currently there have been no charges laid against the 2008 Twenty20 match between Lancashire and Durham, which involved Vincent and during which Mal Loye, the former England batsman, has confirmed he was approach by him about fixing.