|Photos||Video & Audio||Blogs||Statistics||Archive||Fantasy||Mobile|
Blackpool Cricket Club were in existence as long ago as 1890, but it wasn't until 1924 that the 256-acre site known as Stanley Park was gifted to the Blackpool Corporation and, as part of a massive development, a cricket pitch was laid and a pavilion and stands were built in 1925. In 1957 an additional stand, at a cost of £6000 was constructed, and attendances for both club and county matches have always been healthy.
Lancashire first played at Blackpool in 1905 and, with the exception of a 13-year gap from 1910 to 1923, have been regular visitors ever since. The record attendance was 13,872 for the Championship match against Glamorgan in 1950.
Map & Hotels Click here