ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 / Players / Bismah Maroof
Full name Bismah Maroof
Born July 18, 1991, Lahore, Punjab
Current age 26 years 188 days
Major teams Asia Women XI, Pakistan Women
Playing role Allrounder
Batting style Left-hand bat
Bowling style Legbreak
|ODI debut||India Women v Pakistan Women at Jaipur, Dec 13, 2006 scorecard|
|Last ODI||New Zealand Women v Pakistan Women at Sharjah, Nov 5, 2017 scorecard|
|T20I debut||Ireland Women v Pakistan Women at Dublin, May 29, 2009 scorecard|
|Last T20I||New Zealand Women v Pakistan Women at Sharjah, Nov 14, 2017 scorecard|
Bismah Maroof broke into the Pakistan team as a 15-year-old and didn't take long to establish herself as a regular. Over the years, she has evolved into a dependable batsman who can hold an innings together. After the Women's World T20 in 2016, she took over from Sana Mir as captain of the T20 team.
As a teenager, Maroof's exploits helped Pakistan secure a berth in the 2009 World Cup, their first since 1997. Her form jumped from good to prolific in 2015-16 when she made 92 and 91 not out against Bangaldesh and New Zealand, but her most memorable knock was the 99 she made in Pakistan's 57-run win over South Africa in March 2015.
Maroof has also been a regular contributor with her legbreaks.
- Read More
- 'We need to perform for the next generation's sake' (Nov 8, 2017)
- Pakistan lose 5 for 15 in thrilling eight-run loss (Oct 31, 2017)
- Maroof-led Pakistan squad named for New Zealand series (Oct 10, 2017)
- Basit Ali-led interim panel to pick women's team for NZ series (Oct 4, 2017)
- Mir axed as ODI captain, Maroof to lead side (Sep 30, 2017)