ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 / News
Warwickshire express interest in Batty
August 4, 2009
The Warwickshire director of cricket, Ashley Giles, has confirmed his club's interest in signing Gareth Batty, the former England spinner who has been given permission by Worcestershire to approach other counties.
"When a player of Gareth's quality becomes available, you have to be interested," Giles told PA Sport.
Warwickshire, Nottinghamshire, Sussex, Surrey and Middlesex are all keen on signing up Batty, 31, who also represented Yorkshire before joining New Road.
Batty's four-day form has been a disappointment this season, and he was dropped for Worcestershire's game against Warwickshire. His one-day form has been good enough for him to be included in England's 30-man squad for the Champions Trophy.
© ESPN EMEA Ltd.
- Hanuma Vihari, Shahbaz Nadeem star in India B's big win
- Eyeing series win, Bangladesh seek top-order solidity
- Mashrafe Mortaza promises to back Fazle Mahmud despite duck on debut
- Mickey Arthur's dual roles with Pakistan and Karachi Kings back in the spotlight
- Cricket Australia cultural reviews to be released on Monday