ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 / News
Injured Rubel ruled out of WT20; Ziaur in
March 22, 2014
Rubel sustained the injury during Bangladesh's match against Hong Kong when he attempted to take Irfan Ahmed's catch at short third-man. He didn't return to the field for the rest of the game. An X-ray on Friday revealed he had dislocated and relocated his ring finger.
Ziaur, a T20 specialist and a regular member in the format since his debut in 2012, was the surprise exclusion when the Bangladesh World T20 squad was first announced last month. The selectors had said at the time that Farhad Reza was picked ahead of him due to better form but Ziaur has a 140-plus strike rate in T20 internationals. In the Asia Cup, he had two good batting performances and one good bowling outing.
Bangladesh's other injury concern, Mashrafe Mortaza, who has suffered a rib injury during the Afghanistan match on March 16, is on the road to recovery but a final decision is likely to be taken in the next two days.
© ESPN Sports Media Ltd.
- Nat Sciver, Sophie Ecclestone star as England overwhelm New Zealand
- Dowrich half-century rescues West Indies on rain-hit day
- Floodlit cricket is no winner in dour spectacle
- Harry Podmore and Joe Denly deny Warwickshire's bid to break 93-year-old record
- Tony Palladino and Duanne Olivier dig in to deny Glamorgan
- No stories yet
In every decade since the 1970s, teams have set new records for ODI totals, breaching the 300-run and then the 400-run mark.