|Photos||Video & Audio||Blogs||Statistics||Archive||Shop||Mobile|
February 24, 2013
Senior officials of the BCCI and the Hyderabad Cricket Association (HCA), along with a Cricket Australia security officer, will meet the Hyderabad police commissioner on Monday to finalise the security plan for the second Test between India and Australia, which starts in the city on March 2.
The HCA secretary MV Sridhar said the meeting was a "routine affair", but its significance is increased after 16 people were killed, and many more injured, in bomb blasts in Hyderabad on February 21, the eve of the ongoing first Test in Chennai. Though both CA and BCCI clarified the second Test would go ahead as scheduled, neither board was willing to take any chances.
So far, the host association had not been informed of a specific demand by the Australian team management in terms of security. "It's a routine affair, to finalise the security arrangements," Sridhar said. "If they have any specific concerns or demands, it will surely be considered."
Ratnakar Shetty, the BCCI general manager - cricket development, is travelling from Mumbai to Hyderabad for the meeting.
|Comments have now been closed for this article
After the tragedy of Phillip Hughes' death, this match showed that cricket and life will continue to go on. This time Test cricket dug in and got through to tea.
After a long time we have seen an Indian team and captain enjoy the challenge of trying to overcome stronger opposition in an overseas Test