Full text of press release after BCCI working committee meeting
The Working Committee meeting of the Board was held today at the Hotel ITC Park Sheraton, Chennai. The following business was transacted at the meeting:
1) The Committee felicitated Mr. N. Srinivasan on his appointment as the Chairman of ICC for 2 years from 28th June 2014. He was attending the meeting as a representative of the TNCA.
2) The Committee fixed the date and venue of the AGM of the Board. The AGM will be held at Chennai on 20th November 2014.
3) The Committee approved the Audited Annual Statement of Accounts for the year ended 31st March 2014.
4) The Committee, while approving the qualifications for the 'A' teams, decided that only those below the age of 23 years as on 1st September 2014 will be eligible, and there is no cap on the number of Ranji Trophy Players.
5) The Committee expressed its gratitude to Mr. Ravi Shastri for having accepted the request to oversee the activities of the Indian Team as a Director for the ODIs and the T20 International during the England tour.
6) Mr. Ravi Shastri will oversee the activities of the Indian Team as a Director during the West Indies Home Series and the Test Series in Australia. He will be with the Indian Team on a full-time basis during the Triangular series in Australia and also for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015.
7) Mr. Duncan Fletcher will continue as the Coach of the Indian Team. The Committee also approved the appointment of Mr. Sanjay Bangar and Mr. B. Arun as Assistant Coaches, and Mr. R. Sridhar as the Fielding Coach.
8) The Committee approved the formation of a team from North Zone to visit Jammu & Kashmir, to assess the losses to the Cricket activities in the state and to suggest necessary assistance for resumption of regular Cricket activities.