Mongia says he will keep trying
A 'dejected' Nayan Mongia today said he had no clue as to why he had been excluded from the probables for India's tour to Zimbabwe but pledged to work for his comeback. "I am dejected. I had worked hard. I don't know how to react," Mongia told PTI over phone from Baroda.
The Board selection committee had announced a list of 26 probables on Sunday for a conditioning camp to be held in Bangalore ahead of India's tour to Zimbabwe next month. Mongia, who did reasonably well in the two Tests he played against Australia and has been performing consistently in the domestic season, was overlooked for the camp.
The Baroda stumper however said he will continue to play in the domestic tournaments and try to make a comeback. "I will continue to work hard. I will give my best in whatever tournaments I play. I hope to make a comeback," he said.
Asked what he felt was the reason for his exclusion, Mongia said it was for the selection committee to answer. "I had done my homework," he said.