X

Post Your Comments

• POSTED BY dogandbone on | April 23, 2014, 17:07 GMT

DD need to play De Kock ,Pieterson , Duminy and Taylor but bat Taylor as high in the order as possible.....DD need a balanced top order, not expecting 5/6 to try and win you games at over 12/13 an over...just doesn't happen and the work needs to come from the top order...to do that ,bat your best batsman

• POSTED BY CricketMaan on | April 23, 2014, 13:26 GMT

Where is chinaman Kuldeep. Got to see him in action. Very exciting! Sandeep sharma looks like Praveen Kumar minus shenangians! Sanju solid! Unmukt big mouth and let down! K Rahul looks good! Got to see Baba and Zol. These are the guys i will be following this IPL

• POSTED BY SamWintson92 on | April 23, 2014, 13:00 GMT

@ Viswanath Sankaranarayanan: Bang on. But the form of M Tiwary is a worrying sign. I'll rather stick with Agarwal in the middle order or try S Tiwary or K Jadhav. I'll also have L Shukla at 7. I feel Rahul Sharma deserves more than one chance than the 3 consistent failures of Nadeem. Rahul Sharma had an emphatic season with Pune Warriors.

This is my DD Xi: 1 De Kock 2 Vijay 3 Pietersen (C) 4 Duminy 5 D Karthik (WK) 6 Agarwal/S Tiwary 7 L Shukla 8 Coulter Nile (Fitness permitting)/Parnell 9 Shami 10 Unadkat 11 Rahul Sharma.

• POSTED BY on | April 23, 2014, 12:35 GMT

Delhi should drop mayank aggarwal next match and play laxmi ratan shukla and they should drop james neesham and play quinton de cock and drop ross taylor and they will have kp.. This should be their xi 1.Vijay 2.Manoj tiwary 3. kp 4.Dk 6.Duminy 6.Kedhar jadhav 7.Laxmi shukla 8. Coulter nile(if fit)/parnell 9.shami ahmed 10.Shahbaz nadeem 11.Unadkat.. Manoj tiwary is a leg break bowler and he can also bowl well and laxmi shukla can be rajat bhatia of dd..

• POSTED BY SamWintson92 on | April 23, 2014, 12:20 GMT

KP is badly needed by DD. Plus I feel the top order of DD should be revamped. I'll select De Kock to open the innings at the expense of one of Neesham or R Taylor.

• POSTED BY regofpicton on | April 23, 2014, 7:29 GMT

KP will lift the Delhi team just by being there. And there is no reason for the fans to despair. The two losses were to two of the three strongest teams in the comp. The injury to Coulter-Nile at the very start of the last game was also most unfortunate, but he should be available next game. And Neesham is starting to find his feed both batting and bowling. Overall I am sure Delhi will be quite competitive and they can certainly make the playoffs.

• No featured comments at the moment.

• POSTED BY dogandbone on | April 23, 2014, 17:07 GMT

• POSTED BY CricketMaan on | April 23, 2014, 13:26 GMT

• POSTED BY dogandbone on | April 23, 2014, 17:07 GMT

IPL newsfile April 23, 2014

Hope to be fit for next game - Pietersen

ESPNcricinfo staff
  shares 6

Pietersen poised to make first appearance
Delhi Daredevils are likely to receive a much-needed boost, as Kevin Pietersen, the team's captain, is expected to recover from a finger injury and make his first appearance of the season against Sunrisers Hyderabad on Friday.

"I'm going to hopefully be back in the next game after I train well for a week. I have trained a couple of days, but it hasn't been an ideal start going into this tournament," Pietersen told iplt20.com "I had good practice for a couple of weeks in London, but then hurt myself and have had three weeks off. I just need another good week of training and then I'll be back."

With two heavy defeats at the hands of Royal Challengers Bangalore and Chennai Super Kings, Daredevils currently languish near the bottom of the table with the worst net run-rate among the eight teams. To compound their woes, their seamer Nathan Coulter-Nile suffered a hamstring injury against Super Kings and according to the stand-in captain Dinesh Karthik, could be "out for some time". Pietersen, however, remained optimistic of the team's chances.

"I want all the guys in the team to know that there is no pressure. I want all the players to relax and play to the best of their ability. Another important thing for me as a leader is that the guys train well. According to me, the training should be so thorough and intense that the game-day becomes easier."

Pujara wants to mould his style on Kallis
Kings XI Punjab batsman Cheteshwar Pujara has accepted his limitations as a T20 batsman and wants to mould his style on Jacques Kallis, as a steady accumulator. The opening batsman, whose IPL experience was limited to only 24 matches over four seasons before the current edition began, says he is "getting better and better" in the T20 format.

"I cannot be flamboyant like [Glenn] Maxwell or [David] Miller, but I can always be a Jacques Kallis who plays proper cricketing shots, but can still score runs at a good strike-rate," Pujara told iplt20.com. "My way of hitting may be classical where you try and time the ball."

In Kings XI's successful chase of 192 against Rajasthan Royals, Pujara batted through the innings to make 40 off 38 balls, while Maxwell and Miller batted at frenetic pace to achieve the target. Pujara made a relatively quicker 35 off 32 balls against Sunrisers Hyderabad on Tuesday and the innings left him "satisfied". When questioned about his strike rate, Pujara said the presence of big hitters in the team has allowed him to play within his limitations.

"My role in the team is to stick at one end. I intend to rotate the strike and hit the boundaries as and when it is possible. I am opening the innings and I have to be ready to hit the ball from ball one or the very first over. The job becomes a bit difficult, but with time and few more matches, I will get better. I am getting better with each passing day."

Made too many mistakes against Maxwell - Moody
Sunrisers Hyderabad coach Tom Moody has said his team paid the price for letting Kings XI Punjab's Glenn Maxwell off the hook as many as three times during his imposing 95 off 43 balls in Sharjah on Tuesday. Maxwell had offered two chances at long-on early in his innings. When on 4, a mis-hit fell short and later in the over, on 11, David Warner spilled a sitter in the same position. When on 62, Maxwell was caught at deep midwicket, but unfortunately for the Sunrisers, the bowler Darren Sammy had overstepped the crease.

"It is the nature of the game that we make mistakes at times and, unfortunately, we made three against the wrong batsman and ended up chasing 40 runs extra which in these conditions, is unrealistic," Moody said. "When a wonderful striker like Maxwell, who is in incredible form, is dropped twice in one over and is caught off a no ball, he is going to hurt you."

Moody said Sammy's no ball was unfortunate because the plan was to bowl a back of a length slower ball to tempt Maxwell to slog, with a fielder in the deep. Sunrisers slumped to their second defeat in as many games after they collapsed to 121 in pursuit of 194. Moody however backed the top order comprising Warner, Aaron Finch and Shikhar Dhawan to fire.

"It is not the ideal situation to be two down. We would rather be two up, but we have a world-class top-order who have proven themselves over time. I am absolutely confident that our top-order will fire and win us games."

Bailey looks to improve fielding

Kings XI Punjab could not have begun the season any better, moving to the top of the table with three successive wins on the back of some powerful hitting from Glenn Maxwell and David Miller, but the captain George Bailey believes that the team are yet to peak and could do with improving their fielding.

"I'm pleased with winning. I still don't think we've played a real good strong all-round game as yet," Bailey said. "We've batted well throughout and our bowling was good tonight but I don't think we've fielded to our potential yet. Just want to be realistic, there is still a long way to go in the tournament and a lot can happen."

"There have been quite a few dropped catches here (at Sharjah). The problem has been that whenever the ball goes high in the air in night games, there is no back drop. That makes it extremely hard to pick up the ball how it's coming down. Plus, there is a bit of pressure of dropping the catches too. I'm sure things will pick up."

Bailey also saved special praise for his left-arm spinner Akshar Patel, who has picked up four wickets from three games.

"For a young guy, he's doing a fantastic job. Not to forget his fielding too, he took a sharp catch today," he said. "He is only going to get more confident. We really back his batting abilities too. We see a fantastic cricketer coming out in him."