Australian coach agrees to extended deal April 25, 2008

Stuart stays on at Wellington

Cricinfo staff

The Wellington coach Anthony Stuart has signed an extension to his contract and will stay with the team until 2010-11. Stuart, the former bowler who played three one-day internationals for Australia, has been in charge for the past two seasons and was offered a new deal by Gavin Larsen, the chief executive, a year before his original agreement expired.

"I've enjoyed my time so far and when I finish this contract who knows what will happen?" Stuart told the Dominion Post. "I'm an ambitious person so I'll just see where it all takes me. It could be I stay in New Zealand or it could be I return to Australia or coach in England. Then again, it might not be me who decides that if I don't get a few results."

Wellington, who were fourth in the one-day competition, lost the State Championship final to Canterbury after ending the regular rounds on top of the table. "It was disappointing to finish that way but you can't change anything," Stuart said. "You have to move on."