New Zealand cricket September 18, 2008

Ford admits to interest in New Zealand post

Cricinfo staff

Graham Ford has admitted that he will be interviewed later this week for the post of New Zealand coach.

Ford, who is Kent's director of cricket, had previously denied reports linking him with the role, but on Wednesday he told the Kent Messenger that he had been offered an interview by New Zealand Cricket. He advised Kent's chief executive Paul Millman on Monday.

The interview, which will be conducted over the telephone, will involve another former Kent coach, John Wright, as well as other members of the NZC board.

Ford told the newspaper that he was "very happy with the set-up" at Kent but wanted to see what NZC had to offer. "It would be a massive step in my life and at this point it's unlikely that it's something that I'd be charging off to do. Certainly I have no firm feelings at this point of wanting to head off in any other direction."

Comments