New Zealand A v India A, 2nd unofficial ODI, Lincoln September 21, 2012

Match tied after India A collapse

ESPNcricinfo staff

New Zealand A 249 for 9 (Broom 82, Worker 61, Unadkat 4-47) tied with India A 240 for 9 in 48 overs (Abhinav 66, Ojha 62, McKay 5-50) by D/L method

The second one-dayer in Lincoln ended in a tie, with India A level with the Duckworth-Lewis par score of 240 at the end of 48 overs, chasing 250. Bad light brought an early end to the chase, and it was found that India had made just enough to escape defeat.*

The drama wasn't restricted to the final moments. India appeared to have the match in the bag at 151 for 1, before the middle order, with the exception of Ambati Rayudu, succumbed for single-digit scores. They collapsed to the left-arm pace of Andy McKay, who took 5 for 50. McKay got the first wicket, that of Unmukt Chand, before the Indians wrested the initiative with a 99-run stand for the second wicket. Abhinav Mukund and Naman Ojha hit 60s in their stand, which came at 5.71 runs per over. The pair hit five sixes between them, with Ojha scoring at nearly a run-a-ball for his 62.

Abhinav's run out for 66 in the 32nd over gave the hosts an opening. Mandeep Singh, Ojha and Ashok Menaria fell in quick succession, leaving India at a jittery 181 for 5. McKay ran through the lower order, but Rayudu's presence gave the Indians an outside chance of sneaking home. He was joined by No. 11 Jaidev Unadkat, with India A needing 13 off 3.1 overs. They managed to squeeze in three more crucial runs before the umpires called off the game at 6.26pm due to fading light.

Earlier, New Zealand's effort was built on half-centuries by George Worker and Neil Broom. The pair had added 149 for the third wicket, and like it happened for the Indians, a run-out (Worker) ended the stand. Broom fell 18 short of a century when he was stumped off the legspinner Rahul Sharma. It was a good day for the left-arm seamers as Unadkat took for 47.

New Zealand have one last chance to square the three-match series, on Sunday.

* - September 21, 2012, 1100 GMT - The piece had stated that New Zealand A were originally awarded the game before the result was changed to a tie. It had been amended, following clarification.