|Photos||Video & Audio||Blogs||Statistics||Archive||Shop||Mobile|
December 10, 2001
Adam Parore is back in the one-day international mix again.
Parore's outstanding glovesmanship and his second Test century in Perth last week have brought him back into the side to return to Australia for the tri-series with Australia and South Africa.
Selection chairman Sir Richard Hadlee said the wicket-keeping options in front of the selectors now totalled three with the choice of Parore, Chris Nevin, who had been named the one-day specialist in the side announced for the abandoned tour of Pakistan, and Lou Vincent as the last option.
"Parore has done well. His 'keeping was outstanding throughout the series and it has brought him back into the frame," Hadlee told CricInfo today.
The 14-man team to return to Australia will be named halfway through the second Test against Bangladesh, which starts on Boxing Day in Wellington, if not straight after the game.
"We have a very tough job now and we have to get a team of 14 players out of the 27 who have had international experience over the last 14 months.
"There will be some disappointed players," Hadlee said.
While there will not be any one-day form to use as the basis for selection, Hadlee said emphasis would be put on State Championship matches, with a round being played between Christmas and New Year.
"It is going to be one of the better series they have had in Australia for many a year and we have a team that will give the others a fright. It will be tough but we can do well," he said.