Points table for matches completed by 9 Aug 2011
|United Arab Emirates||2||1||1||0||0||2||-0.572||352/81.4||415/85.0|
Points by match:
|28 Jun 2011||Scotland||2||Netherlands||0||Table | Match|
|29 Jun 2011||Scotland||2||Netherlands||0||Table | Match|
|4 Jul 2011||Ireland||2||Namibia||0||Table | Match|
|5 Jul 2011||Ireland||2||Namibia||0||Table | Match|
|25 Jul 2011||Kenya||2||U.A.E.||0||Table | Match|
|26 Jul 2011||U.A.E.||2||Kenya||0||Table | Match|
|7 Aug 2011||Afghanistan||2||Canada||0||Table | Match|
|9 Aug 2011||Afghanistan||2||Canada||0||Table | Match|
21.10.1 Round-Robin Matches
The following points system shall apply:
Win - 2
Tie or No Result - 1
Loss - 0
21.10.2 Round-Robin Matches
In the event of teams finishing on equal points at the end of the round-robin matches, the standing in the league table will be decided in the following order of priority:
- i) The team with the most number of wins in the round-robin matches will be placed in the higher position.
- ii) If there are teams with equal points and equal wins in the round-robin matches then in such case the team with the higher net run rate in these matches will be placed in the higher position (refer to 21.10.3 below for the calculation of net run rate).
- iii) If, following net run rate calculations above, there are teams which are still equal, then the team which has earned more points in the head to head matches played between them will be placed in the higher positions.
- iv) If still equal, the team with the higher net run rate in the head to head matches played between them will be placed in the higher position.
- v) In the highly unlikely event that teams cannot be separated by the above this will be done by drawing lots.
Please note in a match declared as no result, run rate is not applicable.
21.10.3 Net Run Rate
A team's net run rate is calculated by deducting from the average runs per over scored by that team throughout the competition, the average runs per over scored against that team throughout the competition.
In the event of a team being all out in less than its full quota of overs, the calculation of its net run rate of both teams shall be based on the full quota of overs to which the batting team would have been entitled and not on the number of overs in which the team was dismissed.
Only those matches where results are achieved will count for the purpose of net run rate calculations. Where a match is abandoned, but a result is achieved under Duckworth/Lewis, for net run rate purposes Team 1 will be accredited with Team 2's Par Score on abandonment off the same number of overs faced by Team 2. Where a match is concluded but with Duckworth/Lewis having been applied at an earlier point in the match, Team 1 will be accredited with 1 run less than the final target score for Team 2 off the total number of overs allocated to Team 2 to reach the target.
In circumstances where a match (and the points for such match) is awarded to a team as a result of the other team's refusal to play, either by the umpires in accordance with Law 21.3 (a)(ii) as read with playing condition 21.3 or in accordance with the provisions of the relevant event agreements signed by the participating teams, the net run rate of the defaulting team shall be affected in that the full 50 overs of the defaulting team's innings in such forfeited match shall be taken into account in calculating the average runs per over of the defaulting team over the course of the league. For the avoidance of doubt the runs scored and overs bowled in such forfeited match will not be taken into account when calculating the net run rate of the team to whom the match was awarded.
In the event of any dispute the ICC Event Technical Committee may be called on to make a ruling and its ruling will be final.