|Pakistan 1st innings||R||M||B||4s||6s||SR|
|Saeed Anwar||c Atherton b Mullally||1||12||11||0||0||9.09|
|Shadab Kabir||lbw b Caddick||35||122||90||5||0||38.88|
|Ijaz Ahmed||c †Russell b Cork||141||279||201||20||2||70.14|
|Inzamam-ul-Haq||c Atherton b Mullally||2||11||10||0||0||20.00|
|Saleem Malik||b Cork||55||193||143||3||0||38.46|
|Asif Mujtaba||c Thorpe b Cork||51||267||220||4||0||23.18|
|Wasim Akram*||c †Russell b Caddick||7||17||12||1||0||58.33|
|Moin Khan†||c †Russell b Cork||105||282||191||10||1||54.97|
|Mushtaq Ahmed||c Atherton b Caddick||20||83||43||2||0||46.51|
|Waqar Younis||c & b Cork||7||11||11||1||0||63.63|
|Extras||(b 4, lb 10, nb 10)||24|
|Total||(all out; 153.2 overs)||448||(2.92 runs per over)|
|England 1st innings||R||M||B||4s||6s||SR|
|MA Atherton*||c †Moin Khan b Wasim Akram||12||12||13||2||0||92.30|
|AJ Stewart||c & b Mushtaq Ahmed||170||437||315||24||0||53.96|
|N Hussain||c & b Waqar Younis||48||108||85||5||0||56.47|
|GP Thorpe||c Shadab Kabir b Mushtaq Ahmed||16||82||54||2||0||29.62|
|JP Crawley||c †Moin Khan b Ata-ur-Rehman||53||133||115||5||0||46.08|
|NV Knight||c Mushtaq Ahmed b Waqar Younis||113||259||176||16||0||64.20|
|RC Russell†||b Wasim Akram||9||72||49||1||0||18.36|
|CC Lewis||b Mushtaq Ahmed||9||57||41||0||0||21.95|
|DG Cork||c Shadab Kabir b Wasim Akram||26||85||71||3||0||36.61|
|AR Caddick||b Waqar Younis||4||8||5||1||0||80.00|
|AD Mullally||not out||9||43||23||0||1||39.13|
|Extras||(b 7, lb 23, nb 2)||32|
|Total||(all out; 156.5 overs)||501||(3.19 runs per over)|
|Pakistan 2nd innings||R||M||B||4s||6s||SR|
|Saeed Anwar||c †Russell b Cork||22||56||45||3||0||48.88|
|Shadab Kabir||c & b Lewis||2||25||13||0||0||15.38|
|Ijaz Ahmed||c †Russell b Caddick||52||242||150||2||0||34.66|
|Inzamam-ul-Haq||c Stewart b Caddick||65||94||83||9||0||78.31|
|Saleem Malik||c Cork b Caddick||6||17||18||1||0||33.33|
|Asif Mujtaba||run out (Atherton/Thorpe)||26||67||64||2||0||40.62|
|Wasim Akram*||lbw b Atherton||7||54||48||0||0||14.58|
|Moin Khan†||not out||30||52||52||3||0||57.69|
|Mushtaq Ahmed||not out||6||26||27||0||0||22.22|
|Extras||(b 4, lb 12, nb 10)||26|
|Total||(7 wickets dec; 81 overs)||242||(2.98 runs per over)|
- Ijaz Ahmed's 5th test century. First by a Pakistani at Headingley.
- Ijaz Ahmed was caught by Cork off a no-ball from Caddick when on 66, and Pakistan total at 113/3.
- When on 138, Ijaz Ahmed crossed his previous highest test score of 137 scored against Australia at Sydney, 1995-96.
- Moin Khan dropped at long-leg by Mullally off Caddick, when on 8.
- Moin Khan caught by Stewart off a no-ball from Mullally when on 18.
- Moin Khan dropped by Cork off his own bowling.
- Moin Khan's 3rd test century, first against England.
- Asif Mujtaba and Moin Khan set a record 7th wicket partnership of 122 runs for Pakistan against England. The previous best was 89 runs by Ijaz Ahmed and Salim Yousuf at The Oval in 1987.
- Russell picked up his 150th dismissal when he caught Moin Khan off the bowling of Cork.
- 3rd 5-wicket haul for Cork.
- Rain stopped play for 15 minutes with Pakistan 444-9.
- Highest score by Pakistan at Headingley.
- Rain delays start of play by 60 minutes.
- Stewart's 8th test century, second against Pakistan.
- Stewart dropped by Wasim Akram off his own bowling when on 152, and England Total 329/4.
- 170 is the second highest score by Stewart. His highest score of 190 was also scored against Pakistan at Edgbaston in 1992.
- Bad light stopped the play.
- Start of play delayed by 1 hour due to wet outfield.
- Maiden test century for Knight.
- Rain stops the play at 473/9 in 147.2 overs. Early Tea taken.
- Players came onto bat for the Pakistani innings, but went back due to poor light.
- Rain stops further play.
- Shadab Kabir dropped by Thorpe at slip off Mullaly from the first ball he recieved.
- Third replacement ball (original out of shape) after 19.1 overs of the Pakistan 2nd innings.
- Saleem Malik reached 5001 runs in test cricket when he got to 6 runs with a boundary off Caddick. He became the third Pakistani batsman to cross 5000 runs after Zaheer Abbas and Javed Miandad.
- Ijaz Ahmed dropped by Hussain off Lewis, when on 32 and Pakistan total at 142/4.
- Atherton picks up his second test wicket in his career.
- Pakistan declared at 5.20pm.
- Man of the Match adjudicator: Mushtaq Mohammad