Six killed in two attacks in Lahore September 26, 2005

Bomb blasts rekindle England's security worries

Cricinfo staff



Security experts check out facilities on behalf of the English board in July © AFP
The ECB has said that it will continue to monitor the security situation in Pakistan after two bomb blasts in Lahore last week killed six people.

Although an inspection by security advisors in July cleared Pakistan as a venue for England's tour next month, David Morgan, the ECB's chairman, admitted that the board would again have to look closely at arrangements in the light of the latest incidents.

"The safety and security of the players and staff is of paramount importance," Morgan said "I don't know much about these bombings yet, but we will keep an eye on events. We were satisfied with the inspection, but until I know more about this situation it is difficult to comment further."

The Australian A side were in Lahore at the time of the attacks, and although they were not affected, their one-day match against Pakistan A was moved to the more secure Gaddafi Stadium.

Comments