- not out59334471178.78not out00100-Extras9 (lb 7, nb 1, w 1)TOTAL184/3 (20 Overs, RR: 9.2)Fall of wickets: 1-97 (S Dhawan, 10.6 ov), 2-143 (RG Sharma, 15.6 ov), 3-181 (MS Dhoni, 19.4 ov)
- not out16152701106.66Extras8 (b 1, lb 2, w 5)TOTAL157/8 (20 Overs, RR: 7.85)Fall of wickets: 1-94 (SE Marsh, 9.5 ov), 2-99 (CA Lynn, 10.5 ov), 3-101 (GJ Maxwell, 11.4 ov), 4-121 (SR Watson, 14.2 ov), 5-124 (AJ Finch, 15.2 ov), 6-137 (JP Faulkner, 16.6 ov), 7-152 (JW Hastings, 19.2 ov), 8-157 (AJ Tye, 19.6 ov)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 50 runs, 0 wicket)
- India: 50 runs in 5.6 overs (36 balls), Extras 7
- 1st Wicket: 50 runs in 36 balls (RG Sharma 23, S Dhawan 20, Ex 7)
- India: 100 runs in 11.2 overs (69 balls), Extras 8
- RG Sharma: 50 off 37 balls (5 x 4, 2 x 6)
- India: 150 runs in 16.5 overs (102 balls), Extras 9
- V Kohli: 50 off 29 balls (7 x 4, 1 x 6)
- Innings Break: India - 184/3 in 20.0 overs (V Kohli 59, SK Raina 0)
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 62 runs, 0 wicket)
- Australia: 50 runs in 5.1 overs (31 balls), Extras 3
- 1st Wicket: 50 runs in 31 balls (AJ Finch 34, SE Marsh 15, Ex 3)
- AJ Finch: 50 off 27 balls (8 x 4, 1 x 6)
- Australia: 100 runs in 11.1 overs (67 balls), Extras 6
- Australia: 150 runs in 18.5 overs (113 balls), Extras 7
Former India batsman VVS Laxman feels the ODI side may be one batsman short for their upcoming limited-overs tour of Australia
Yuvraj Singh has expressed delight at the prospect of wearing the India jersey again during the three T20Is in Australia, but felt there was a personal sense of disappointment for not making the ODI cut
ESPNcricinfo looks at the domestic cricket journeys of Rishi Dhawan, Hardik Pandya and Manish Pandey, after they were picked in India's ODI and T20 squads for Australia
Five talking points from the India squads named for the upcoming limited-overs tour to Australia
The return of Yuvraj Singh and Ashish Nehra showed the selectors are keen on finding the right team balance ahead of next year's World T20 in India. Which players would you pick for the tournament?
No. of T20Is India had won in their last six matches, before these two consecutive wins. Before that they had won seven consecutive games.
No. of stumpings by Sangakkara in International matches - MS Dhoni has gone past that in this match with his second stumping.
No. of previous instances of both teams having 50-plus opening stand in T20Is in Australia. This is the first such T20I in Aus and 12th overall.
Highest total at the MCG in T20Is, by Aus vs SA in 2008-09, before India making 184 for 3 in this match.
No. of India players who scored more than one 50-plus score in a bilateral T20I series, before Kohli in this series.
No. of balls taken by India to reach 100 runs, is the second-least against Autralia in Australia. Fastest: 67 balls by WI, Brisbane, Feb 2013.
No. of opening stands higher than 97 by Rohit-Dhawan, for India in T20Is - 136 by Sehwag-Gambhir vs Eng, Durban, 2007 WT20.
Previous highest score for Dhawan in T20Is, in nine innings. He has surpassed that today.
No. of times the teams have elected to field first, in the previous eight T20Is at MCG. Toss-winning sides have 3-5 win-loss record here.