- not out02011000.00Extras16 (lb 5, nb 1, w 10)TOTAL160 all out (36.3 Overs, RR: 4.38)Fall of wickets: 1-17 (Tamim Iqbal, 3.4 ov), 2-17 (Liton Das, 3.5 ov), 3-17 (Mahmudullah, 3.6 ov), 4-40 (Soumya Sarkar, 7.2 ov), 5-93 (Mushfiqur Rahim, 19.5 ov), 6-104 (Sabbir Rahman, 22.6 ov), 7-120 (Shakib Al Hasan, 25.1 ov), 8-133 (Mashrafe Mortaza, 28.5 ov), 9-140 (Jubair Hossain, 30.5 ov), 10-160 (Nasir Hossain, 36.3 ov)
- not out63116757084.00not out4580535184.90Extras7 (lb 6, w 1)TOTAL164/2 (31.1 Overs, RR: 5.26)Fall of wickets: 1-22 (HM Amla, 5.3 ov), 2-65 (Q de Kock, 13.1 ov)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Rain: Bangladesh - 0/0
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 8.0 (Mandatory - 42 runs, 4 wickets)
- Bangladesh: 50 runs in 9.5 overs (59 balls), Extras 8
- Over 10.1: Review by South Africa (Bowling), Umpire - MA Gough, Batsman - Shakib Al Hasan (Struck down)
- 5th Wicket: 50 runs in 71 balls (Shakib Al Hasan 27, Mushfiqur Rahim 22, Ex 1)
- Drinks: Bangladesh - 93/5 in 19.5 overs (Shakib Al Hasan 33)
- Bangladesh: 100 runs in 22.1 overs (133 balls), Extras 10
- Over 25.1: Review by Bangladesh (Batting), Umpire - Sharfuddoula, Batsman - Shakib Al Hasan (Struck down)
- Bangladesh: 150 runs in 33.6 overs (205 balls), Extras 16
- Innings Break: Bangladesh - 160/10 in 36.3 overs (Mustafizur Rahman 0)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 8.0 (Mandatory - 33 runs, 1 wicket)
- South Africa: 50 runs in 11.4 overs (70 balls), Extras 4
- Over 16.5: Review by Bangladesh (Bowling), Umpire - MA Gough, Batsman - RR Rossouw (Struck down)
- Drinks: South Africa - 95/2 in 20.0 overs (F du Plessis 29, RR Rossouw 12)
- South Africa: 100 runs in 20.4 overs (124 balls), Extras 5
- 3rd Wicket: 50 runs in 65 balls (F du Plessis 24, RR Rossouw 24, Ex 3)
- F du Plessis: 50 off 64 balls (5 x 4)
- South Africa: 150 runs in 29.5 overs (179 balls), Extras 7
SA's ave opening stand since the last time their openers put on a century stand - a record 247-run partnership between Amla and Rossouw.
Rabada's bowling figures in this match - the best in ODIs by a South Africa bowler and the best by a debutant ever.
The last time a SA bowler took a five-for on ODI debut: Allan Donald against India. Rabada is only the second SA bowler to achieve this.
Runs scored by Shakib Al Hasan in Mirpur; he is the first Bangladesh batsman to score 2000-plus runs at any venue.
No. of times before this match Bangladesh have had 3 ducks form their top-four batsmen. That was against SL in the 2003 World Cup.
No. of bowlers who have taken a hat-trick on debut in ODIs before this match - Taijul Islam. Kagiso Rabada becomes only the 2nd bowler to do so.
Number of ODI debutants younger than Kagiso Rabada for South Africa. He is 20 years and 46 days old today.
Having been faced with the first hurdles of their international careers, Bangladesh's most promising young batsmen need to find a quick solution to show their mettle and prove doubters wrong all over again
Bangladesh captain Mashrafe Mortaza has said that the side employed an eight-batsmen strategy in the first ODI against South Africa to bolster the sagging confidence of the line-up
Plays of the day from the first ODI between Bangladesh and South Africa in Mirpur
After finishing with the best-ever figures on ODI debut, Kagiso Rabada said he hadn't dreamt of a start like this to his ODI career