- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Wakely b Wigley1032272037.03c †O'Brien b Willey2570554045.45c †O'Brien b GG White841139615187.50retired out7515812312160.97c Willey b Lucas3993714054.92b Brooks3250406080.00lbw b Lucas021000.00c Wessels b Brooks1437222063.63not out1226151080.00not out1123242045.83Extras6 (lb 6)TOTAL308/8d (79 Overs, RR: 3.89)Fall of wickets: 1-18 (PJ Hughes, ), 2-48 (SM Katich, ), 3-147 (SR Watson, ), 4-231 (MEK Hussey, ), 5-245 (MJ North, ), 6-245 (GA Manou, ), 7-285 (AB McDonald, ), 8-286 (MG Johnson, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc †Manou b Clark98720128.57b Siddle3059465065.21b Clark526141035.71c Katich b Watson6298768081.57c Johnson b Watson5098637079.36c Katich b Siddle3475545062.96c North b Siddle1942364052.77not out3840075.00Extras14 (b 5, lb 5, nb 3, w 1)TOTAL226/7d (49.3 Overs, RR: 4.56)Fall of wickets: 1-16 (BHN Howgego, ), 2-41 (Rob White, ), 3-57 (NJ O'Brien, ), 4-149 (AG Wakely, ), 5-175 (MH Wessels, ), 6-212 (DJ Willey, ), 7-226 (MAG Nelson, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRb Wigley681169410172.34c Nelson b Willey75104859088.23c Wessels b GG White506535110142.85not out5990819072.83not out933231039.13Extras9 (lb 9)TOTAL270/3d (53 Overs, RR: 5.09)Fall of wickets: 1-146 (AB McDonald, ), 2-150 (PJ Hughes, ), 3-224 (SR Watson, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Hauritz b McDonald461401096042.20c Siddle b Watson589356120103.57c †Manou b Clark1630033.33c †Manou b Clark11290011.11c †Manou b McDonald3374585056.89run out (North)920251036.00c Katich b McDonald21923008.69b McDonald057000.00c †Manou b Hauritz2251504044.00c Siddle b Johnson1656402040.00not out108811125.00Extras19 (b 12, lb 3, nb 3, w 1)TOTAL217 all out (64.1 Overs, RR: 3.38)Fall of wickets: 1-99 (NJ O'Brien, ), 2-104 (Rob White, ), 3-118 (AG Wakely, ), 4-140 (BHN Howgego, ), 5-153 (MAG Nelson, ), 6-162 (DJ Willey, ), 7-164 (GG White, ), 8-165 (MH Wessels, ), 9-203 (DS Lucas, ), 10-217 (DH Wigley, )
Hours of play (local time)
- Fri, 24 Jul - day 1 - Australians 1st innings 231/3 (MEK Hussey 75*, MJ North 32*, 60.1 ov)
- Sat, 25 Jul - day 2 - Australians 2nd innings 139/0 (PJ Hughes 65*, AB McDonald 69*, 26 ov)
- Sun, 26 Jul - day 3 - Northamptonshire 2nd innings 217 (64.1 ov) - end of match
- SR Watson 50 in 53 mins off 28 balls, 11 fours.
- GA Manou 50 in 77 mins off 71 balls, 7 fours.
- Northamptonshire 2nd innings
- NJ O'Brien 50 in 73 mins off 44 balls, 11 fours.
- Northamptonshire 1st innings
- AG Wakely 50 in 85 mins off 65 balls, 6 fours.
- MH Wessels 50 in 96 mins off 62 balls, 7 fours.
- Australians 2nd innings
- AB McDonald 50 in 66 mins off 51 balls, 7 fours.
- PJ Hughes 50 in 77 mins off 60 balls, 8 fours and 1 six.
- Australians 1st innings
- SR Watson 50 in 84 mins off 72 balls, 9 fours.
- MEK Hussey 50 in 116 mins off 85 balls, 10 fours.
|1st||99||NJ O'Brien||BHN Howgego|
|2nd||5||RA White||BHN Howgego|
|3rd||14||AG Wakely||BHN Howgego|
|4th||22||MH Wessels||BHN Howgego|
|5th||13||MH Wessels||MAG Nelson|
|6th||9||MH Wessels||DJ Willey|
|7th||2||MH Wessels||GG White|
|8th||1||DS Lucas||MH Wessels|
|9th||38||DS Lucas||DH Wigley|
|10th||14||DH Wigley||JA Brooks|
Tim Nielsen has refused to confirm or rule out Mitchell Johnson for the Edgbaston Test after he struggled against Northamptonshire
Another dispiriting performance from Mitchell Johnson has cast significant doubt over his mechanical and mental readiness for Edgbaston
No sooner had Phillip Hughes fallen cheaply to David Wigley than reports were surfacing of Justin Langer's proposed comeback to Test cricket
Shane Watson believes a series of coaching sessions with Greg Chappell has prepared his technique for the rigours of top-order batting