- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Hewson b Kerr1752644032.69b Gunter1518212083.33b Dowman1843604041.86c †Warn b Kerr7514618615051.36c †Warn b Kerr4981949160.49not out10120729514048.79retired out40831057048.19b Aldred4764748073.43c Dumelow b Gunter44324043137.50Extras39 (b 15, lb 6, w 18)TOTAL445/8d (121.1 Overs, RR: 3.67)Fall of wickets: 1-21 (V Sehwag), 2-58 (SB Bangar), 3-62 (SS Das), 4-164 (W Jaffer), 5-233 (VVS Laxman), 6-301 (R Dravid), 7-375 (A Kumble), 8-445 (Harbhajan Singh)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRb Harbhajan Singh6610714112061.68c Laxman b Nehra9120029416045.50c Jaffer b Kumble66827810180.48c Das b Kumble22112009.52lbw b Nehra1625314064.00c Sehwag b Nehra431051096040.95c Sehwag b Kumble926312034.61b Nehra2344403152.27not out67151085.71run out11300100.00b Bangar02-000.00Extras35 (b 5, lb 15, nb 15)TOTAL358 all out (100.5 Overs, RR: 3.55)Fall of wickets: 1-131 (SD Stubbings), 2-225 (DR Hewson), 3-227 (P Aldred), 4-254 (MP Dowman), 5-273 (RM Khan), 6-299 (SA Selwood), 7-345 (NRC Dumelow), 8-356 (JP Pyemont), 9-358 (CJ Warn), 10-358 (NEL Gunter)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc †Warn b Dowman743700016.27c Gunter b Selwood10497113144107.21c Aldred b Pyemont52839110062.65not out1439492035.89Extras5 (lb 2, nb 1, w 2)TOTAL182/3d (43.3 Overs, RR: 4.18)Fall of wickets: 1-69 (SB Bangar), 2-128 (V Sehwag), 3-182 (SS Das)
- Wed, 28 Aug - day 1 - India 1st innings 301/5 (A Ratra 50*, R Dravid 40*, 92 ov)
- Thu, 29 Aug - day 2 - Derbyshire 1st innings 228/3 (RM Khan 77*, MP Dowman 0*, 62 ov)
- Fri, 30 Aug - day 3 - India 2nd innings 182/3d (43.3 ov) - end of match
Virender Sehwag provided spectators with something to smile about at Derby, although there wasn't much else to watch besides the scintillating right-hander as the Indians' tour match ended in a predictable draw.
India recovered from a poor start to take the first day honours in their tour match at Derby