- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRb Allott1044281035.71b Allott1627273059.25c Astle b Allott10017111710185.47c Horne b Larsen20221940105.26c & b Larsen22111131200.00c Allott b Cairns0107000.00run out (Vettori)940320028.12b Vettori11360016.66run out (Allott)2860462060.86b Allott011000.00not out043000.00Extras5 (lb 1, nb 2, w 2)TOTAL211 all out (49.1 Overs, RR: 4.29)Fall of wickets: 1-19 (HH Gibbs, 6.6 ov), 2-38 (G Kirsten, 10.5 ov), 3-69 (WJ Cronje, 15.5 ov), 4-96 (JN Rhodes, 17.6 ov), 5-107 (DM Benkenstein, 20.3 ov), 6-147 (SM Pollock, 31.3 ov), 7-157 (MV Boucher, 34.5 ov), 8-210 (JH Kallis, 48.2 ov), 9-210 (PL Symcox, 48.3 ov), 10-211 (L Klusener, 49.1 ov)
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Pollock b Kallis58111045.45b Klusener951841188280.50c Kallis b Donald823101080.00c †Boucher b Donald065000.00run out (Benkenstein)51191055.55c Rhodes b Donald37101762048.68not out3469522165.38run out (Benkenstein)12271101109.09not out610610100.00Extras13 (b 3, lb 2, nb 3, w 5)TOTAL215/7 (49.1 Overs, RR: 4.37)Fall of wickets: 1-6 (MJ Horne, 1.6 ov), 2-41 (CD McMillan, 6.5 ov), 3-45 (AC Parore, 8.2 ov), 4-56 (CL Cairns, 10.5 ov), 5-146 (MD Bell, 34.4 ov), 6-171 (NJ Astle, 42.2 ov), 7-202 (DJ Nash, 47.1 ov)
JH Kallis and SM Pollock 6th wicket partnership: 40 is the best 6th wicket partnership in ODIs for South Africa against New Zealand (previous best: 35 between DJ Callaghan and DJ Richardson at Hobart in 1993-94).
- JH Kallis and L Klusener 8th wicket partnership: 50 off 78 balls, 50 minutes. 53 is the best 8th wicket partnership in ODIs for South Africa against New Zealand (previous best: 28* between BM McMillan and RP Snell at Auckland in 1991-92 and 28* between DJ Richardson and RP Snell at Hobart in 1993-94).
- MD Bell: 37 is his highest ODI innings (previous best: 16 v Sri Lanka at Dhaka in 1998-99).
MD Bell was a late replacement for RG Twose who failed a fitness due to a back strain on the day of the match. Bell was participating in a first-class Shell Trophy fixture for Wellington against Northern Districts at Hamilton at the time, and was flown to Dunedin on the morning of the One-Day International. It was the scheduled 4th day of four in the first-class match and he was replaced by 12th man LR Dry.
- JN Rhodes struck the first 4 deliveries of his innings for 4, 4, 4 and 6 off the bowling of CL Cairns.
- CL Cairns tore his right calf muscle setting off for a run and was run out by a direct hit by DM Benkenstein as he pulled up hobbling mid-pitch. The drinks cart was required to drive him off the field.
- Scorers: NA Armstrong and MF Jones.