- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRb Allott1028441035.71b Allott1627273059.25c Astle b Allott10011717110185.47c Horne b Larsen20192240105.26c & b Larsen22111131200.00c Allott b Cairns0710000.00run out (Vettori)932400028.12b Vettori16130016.66run out (Allott)2846602060.86b Allott011000.00not out034000.00Extras5 (lb 1, nb 2, w 2)TOTAL211 all out (49.1 Overs, RR: 4.29)Fall of wickets: 1-19 (HH Gibbs, 6.6 ov), 2-38 (G Kirsten, 10.5 ov), 3-69 (WJ Cronje, 15.5 ov), 4-96 (JN Rhodes, 17.6 ov), 5-107 (DM Benkenstein, 20.3 ov), 6-147 (SM Pollock, 31.3 ov), 7-157 (MV Boucher, 34.5 ov), 8-210 (JH Kallis, 48.2 ov), 9-210 (PL Symcox, 48.3 ov), 10-211 (L Klusener, 49.1 ov)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Pollock b Kallis51181045.45b Klusener951181848280.50c Kallis b Donald810231080.00c †Boucher b Donald056000.00run out (Benkenstein)59111055.55c Rhodes b Donald37761012048.68not out3452692165.38run out (Benkenstein)12112701109.09not out661010100.00Extras13 (b 3, lb 2, nb 3, w 5)TOTAL215/7 (49.1 Overs, RR: 4.37)Fall of wickets: 1-6 (MJ Horne, 1.6 ov), 2-41 (CD McMillan, 6.5 ov), 3-45 (AC Parore, 8.2 ov), 4-56 (CL Cairns, 10.5 ov), 5-146 (MD Bell, 34.4 ov), 6-171 (NJ Astle, 42.2 ov), 7-202 (DJ Nash, 47.1 ov)
Player Of The Match
- South Africa innings: 50 off 77 balls, 54 minutes; 100 off 120 balls, 87 minutes; 150 off 197 balls, 134 minutes; 200 off 289 balls, 194 minutes.
- Scorers: NA Armstrong and MF Jones.
- JH Kallis: 50 off 50 balls, 82 minutes, 8x4; 100 off 116 balls, 166 minutes, 10x4, 1x6, 4th ODI 100.
JH Kallis and SM Pollock 6th wicket partnership: 40 is the best 6th wicket partnership in ODIs for South Africa against New Zealand (previous best: 35 between DJ Callaghan and DJ Richardson at Hobart in 1993-94).
- JH Kallis and L Klusener 8th wicket partnership: 50 off 78 balls, 50 minutes. 53 is the best 8th wicket partnership in ODIs for South Africa against New Zealand (previous best: 28* between BM McMillan and RP Snell at Auckland in 1991-92 and 28* between DJ Richardson and RP Snell at Hobart in 1993-94).
- GI Allott 4-35 is his best ODI bowling figures (previous best: 3-54 v Zimbabwe at Dhaka in 1997-98)
- New Zealand innings: 50 off 59 balls, 46 minutes; 100 off 145 balls, 108 minutes; 150 off 223 balls, 161 minutes; 200 off 290 balls, 210 minutes.
- MD Bell: 37 is his highest ODI innings (previous best: 16 v Sri Lanka at Dhaka in 1998-99).
- NJ Astle and MD Bell 5th wicket partnership: 50 off 85 balls, 60 minutes.
- South Africa's first ever One-Day International at Dunedin. They have lost all 3 One-Day Internationals played against New Zealand in New Zealand. Overall record: Played 13, New Zealand 6, South Africa 7.
MD Bell was a late replacement for RG Twose who failed a fitness due to a back strain on the day of the match. Bell was participating in a first-class Shell Trophy fixture for Wellington against Northern Districts at Hamilton at the time, and was flown to Dunedin on the morning of the One-Day International. It was the scheduled 4th day of four in the first-class match and he was replaced by 12th man LR Dry.
- JN Rhodes struck the first 4 deliveries of his innings for 4, 4, 4 and 6 off the bowling of CL Cairns.
- CL Cairns tore his right calf muscle setting off for a run and was run out by a direct hit by DM Benkenstein as he pulled up hobbling mid-pitch. The drinks cart was required to drive him off the field.