- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc †Boucher b Pollock817132061.53b Pollock1628203080.00b Pollock1132152073.33lbw b Donald7427321010035.23c Cullinan b Donald441381047042.30c Cronje b Terbrugge3570625056.45c Cronje b Kallis1491481029.16c †Boucher b Pollock2887653043.07c Terbrugge b Donald1255431027.90c †Boucher b Pollock063000.00not out58410125.00Extras14 (lb 7, nb 5, w 2)TOTAL261 all out (97 Overs)Fall of wickets: 1-17 (CB Lambert, 3.4 ov), 2-24 (PA Wallace, 5.6 ov), 3-41 (BC Lara, 11.1 ov), 4-132 (CL Hooper, 42.5 ov), 5-177 (SC Williams, 62.5 ov), 6-198 (S Chanderpaul, 72.4 ov), 7-235 (RD Jacobs, 84.1 ov), 8-255 (NAM McLean, 93.4 ov), 9-255 (CEL Ambrose, 95.1 ov), 10-261 (RN Lewis, 96.6 ov)
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRb McLean622131444043.05c †Jacobs b Walsh11470014.28c Williams b Walsh531391128047.32c †Jacobs b Walsh811810100.00b Ambrose411871303031.53lbw b McLean1734241070.83b Walsh1164460023.91c Lara b Lewis1228182066.66run out (Walsh)2587572043.85c †Jacobs b Ambrose738281025.00not out337100030.00Extras28 (b 1, lb 5, nb 21, w 1)TOTAL268 all out (93.5 Overs)Fall of wickets: 1-10 (AM Bacher, 3.4 ov), 2-102 (JH Kallis, 37.1 ov), 3-111 (DJ Cullinan, 39.1 ov), 4-154 (G Kirsten, 49.6 ov), 5-185 (JN Rhodes, 57.4 ov), 6-209 (SM Pollock, 71.5 ov), 7-229 (MV Boucher, 77.3 ov), 8-230 (WJ Cronje, 80.2 ov), 9-243 (AA Donald, 86.6 ov), 10-268 (PL Symcox, 93.5 ov)
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc †Boucher b Symcox331721144028.94b Pollock1434292048.27lbw b Donald720150046.66lbw b Pollock12316006.25c Kallis b Terbrugge1244372032.43c Terbrugge b Symcox421721264133.33lbw b Kallis34120901137.77lbw b Pollock1045331030.30c Cullinan b Symcox1138322034.37not out03000-lbw b Pollock032000.00Extras6 (lb 1, nb 5)TOTAL170 all out (81.3 Overs)Fall of wickets: 1-24 (PA Wallace, 7.5 ov), 2-33 (BC Lara, 12.2 ov), 3-38 (S Chanderpaul, 17.3 ov), 4-53 (SC Williams, 28.5 ov), 5-80 (CB Lambert, 40.5 ov), 6-148 (CL Hooper, 69.4 ov), 7-148 (RD Jacobs, 70.4 ov), 8-170 (NAM McLean, 80.6 ov), 9-170 (RN Lewis, 81.1 ov), 10-170 (CA Walsh, 81.3 ov)
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc †Jacobs b Ambrose735301023.33c Wallace b Walsh641260023.07not out572291525037.50c Williams b McLean3571644054.68c McLean b Walsh3178623050.00c †Jacobs b Walsh933241037.50c Chanderpaul b Ambrose938231039.13not out1320050.00Extras9 (lb 2, nb 7)TOTAL164/6 (62.4 Overs)Fall of wickets: 1-14 (G Kirsten, 8.5 ov), 2-14 (AM Bacher, 9.3 ov), 3-58 (DJ Cullinan, 27.6 ov), 4-124 (WJ Cronje, 45.6 ov), 5-146 (JN Rhodes, 53.4 ov), 6-163 (SM Pollock, 62.2 ov)
- The Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg
West Indies , elected to bat first
South Africa led the 5-match series 1-0
Player of the match
- Thu, 26 Nov - day 1 - West Indies 1st innings 249/7 (NAM McLean 23*, RN Lewis 11*, 90 ov)
- Fri, 27 Nov - day 2 - South Africa 1st innings 217/6 (WJ Cronje 39*, MV Boucher 2*, 73.4 ov)
- Sat, 28 Nov - day 3 - West Indies 2nd innings 20/0 (CB Lambert 7*, PA Wallace 12*, 6.2 ov)
- Sun, 29 Nov - day 4 - West Indies 2nd innings 170
- Mon, 30 Nov - day 5 - South Africa 2nd innings 164/6 (62.4 ov) - end of match
- First test played by West Indies in South Africa
- SM Pollock scored his 1000th Test run, and then took his 100th Test wicket.
- He is the 33rd player to perform this feat in tests, and the second South African after TL Goddard. He is the fourth fastest to reach this double landmark (after IT Botham, MH Mankad and Kapil Dev). Kapil Dev and JG Bracewell of New Zealand are the only players who have reached the 1000 run/100 wicket milestone in the same test. He emulated his father Peter by taking 100 Test wickets - the only other father and son combination each to have taken 100 test wickets are Lance and Chris Cairns (NZ).
- When CA Walsh dismissed Kallis, he became the leading wicket taker for West Indies in Tests.
- His first wicket (Bacher) was his 376th, placing him equal with MD Marshall's record.
- He was later dismissed for his 30th duck in tests, stretching further his Test record in this endeavour.
- RN Lewis was summoned from the West Indies A team in India to replace the injured D Ramnarine. He arrived on the morning of the match, and was promptly selected for only his 2nd Test.
- WJ Cronje held his 100th catch in First Class cricket
- MV Boucher made his 150th First Class dismissal
- CL Hooper batted with a runner for most of 1st innings and all of 2nd innings and did not field in SA first innings.
- Total of 87 overs lost to rain and bad light, although 1 hour's play recovered due to early starts 4th and 5th days.
- Laptop provided by Compaq (www.compaq.com)