- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc †Jacobs b McLean418130030.76b McLean1747332051.51lbw b Ambrose1652321050.00c Chanderpaul b McLean815130061.53c †Jacobs b Semple21260033.33c Arthurton b Semple929250036.00run out (Chanderpaul)69131902076.66c †Jacobs b Ambrose3461533064.15not out54443623150.00Extras8 (lb 4, nb 1, w 3)TOTAL221/8 (50 Overs, RR: 4.42)Fall of wickets: 1-10 (G Kirsten, 4.4 ov), 2-35 (HH Gibbs, 10.5 ov), 3-50 (SM Pollock, 14.2 ov), 4-52 (JH Kallis, 15.6 ov), 5-52 (WJ Cronje, 16.1 ov), 6-68 (JN Rhodes, 22.4 ov), 7-130 (MV Boucher, 39.1 ov), 8-221 (DM Benkenstein, 49.6 ov)
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Elworthy b Klusener40104735154.79c Elworthy b Pollock1526202075.00c †Boucher b Kallis1553381039.47c †Boucher b Klusener1540025.00c Kallis b Boje839300026.66c Elworthy b Cronje1352421030.95c †Boucher b Cronje1811009.09run out (Boje)724210033.33c Pollock b Boje1115911122.22b Cronje128811150.00not out031000.00Extras9 (b 1, lb 4, nb 1, w 3)TOTAL132 all out (42.4 Overs, RR: 3.09)Fall of wickets: 1-23 (JR Murray, 6.6 ov), 2-67 (KLT Arthurton, 19.4 ov), 3-71 (CL Hooper, 20.5 ov), 4-82 (S Chanderpaul, 24.6 ov), 5-90 (RD Jacobs, 30.3 ov), 6-92 (D Ganga, 33.4 ov), 7-107 (KF Semple, 39.1 ov), 8-108 (RN Lewis, 39.4 ov), 9-122 (CEL Ambrose, 41.5 ov), 10-132 (NAM McLean, 42.4 ov)
- Newlands, Cape Town
South Africa , elected to bat first
South Africa led the 7-match series 3-1
Player of the match
2 February 1999 - day/night match (50-over match)
- The South African 8th wicket partnership of 91 was a new record for SA in ODI's (previous 88 by DJ Richardson and PL Symcox, vs India at Mumbai, 1996/97), and also a record at Newlands.
- DM Benkenstein scored a maiden ODI 50.
- NAM McLean and KF Semple recorded their best bowling in ODI's.
- West Indies made their lowest total against South Africa in ODI's.
- Accolades to L Klusener (batting), WJ Cronje (bowling) and S Elworthy (fielding).
- Paid attendance 20500.
- WJ Cronje appeared in his 150th ODI. It was also his 100th appearance as captain in an ODI, only the sixth player to achieve this milestone.