- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Ganguly b Kumble74821166190.24run out (Kumble/Srinath)0312000.00c & b Srinath66931084070.96c Srinath b Kumble2528421089.28c Jadeja b Harbhajan Singh1326240050.00b Srinath17172430100.00c †Mongia b Agarkar5650083.33not out18151820120.00not out2350066.66Extras15 (lb 9, nb 2, w 4)TOTAL235/7 (45 Overs, RR: 5.22)Fall of wickets: 1-15 (TN Madondo, 2.2 ov), 2-140 (ADR Campbell, 27.3 ov), 3-155 (MW Goodwin, 30.3 ov), 4-188 (CB Wishart, 37.6 ov), 5-193 (A Flower, 39.2 ov), 6-200 (HH Streak, 40.5 ov), 7-223 (CN Evans, 43.5 ov)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Wishart b Nkala29213341138.09not out10712918011182.94c Wishart b Campbell72821154187.80not out1720301185.00Extras11 (lb 2, w 9)TOTAL236/2 (41.5 Overs, RR: 5.64)Fall of wickets: 1-44 (SR Tendulkar, 7.2 ov), 2-197 (M Azharuddin, 34.3 ov)
India , elected to field first
Player Of The Match
India led the 3-match series 2-0
27 September 1998 (50-over match)
- Match reduced to 45 overs-a-side. Field restrictions for the first 13 overs.
- Strang not to bowl due to injury.
- Brent and Huckle substitues for Goodwin and Strang.
- ML Nkala took the wicket of SR Tendulkar with his second delivery in his first one-day international.