- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Muralitharan b Pushpakumara1118172064.70c Atapattu b Vaas7921416213148.76c Atapattu b Vaas9233022110141.62b Pushpakumara1538201175.00lbw b Pushpakumara621391216051.23c Tillakaratne b Pushpakumara9930918813052.65run out (Ranatunga)782191918040.83lbw b Jayasuriya11131110100.00c Vaas b Jayasuriya11813007.69lbw b Pushpakumara051000.00not out1340025.00Extras36 (b 8, lb 13, nb 12, w 3)TOTAL485 all out (155 Overs, RR: 3.12)Fall of wickets: 1-15 (NR Mongia, ), 2-152 (NS Sidhu, ), 3-182 (SR Tendulkar, ), 4-272 (R Dravid, ), 5-303 (M Azharuddin, ), 6-462 (A Kumble, ), 7-476 (J Srinath, ), 8-484 (RK Chauhan, ), 9-484 (SC Ganguly, ), 10-485 (A Kuruvilla, )
India , elected to bat first
3-match series level 0-0
26,27,28,29,30 November 1997 (5-day match)
- Wed, 26 Nov - day 1 - India 1st innings 133/1 (NS Sidhu 64*, R Dravid 47*, 41 ov)
- Thu, 27 Nov - day 2 - India 1st innings 401/5 (SC Ganguly 67*, A Kumble 42*, 131 ov)
- Fri, 28 Nov - day 3 - India 1st innings 485
- Sat, 29 Nov - day 4 - no play
- Sun, 30 Nov - day 5 - India 1st innings 485 (155 ov) - end of match
- No play on day 5 due to overnight thunderstorms, and the match was abandoned.
- Play washed out due to rain.
- Indian innings ended 5 minutes before the scheduled lunch. There was no play after that due to persistent drizzle.
- Two minutes after Ganguly's dismissal, Blewett was also out for 99 in the 3rd Test between Australia and New Zealand in Hobart.
- There were 3 interruptions after 1, 5.1 and 6.1 overs. There was a thunderstorm after the 6.1 over, resulting in play resuming only at the scheduled post-tea session. Play was extended after the scheduled close of play. Bad light ended the day after 41 overs.