- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc †Stewart b Headley6911715810058.97b Caddick7615521912049.03c †Stewart b BC Hollioake501151427043.47lbw b Caddick681241747054.83b Malcolm7510217013073.52b Headley915151060.00c AJ Hollioake b Malcolm1618292088.88c Thorpe b Malcolm0511000.00c Thorpe b Headley2645624057.77not out1834532052.94b Headley16100016.66Extras19 (b 4, lb 10, nb 4, w 1)TOTAL427 all out (121.5 Overs, RR: 3.5)Fall of wickets: 1-117 (MTG Elliott), 2-160 (MA Taylor), 3-225 (GS Blewett), 4-311 (ME Waugh), 5-325 (RT Ponting), 6-355 (IA Healy), 7-363 (SK Warne), 8-386 (SR Waugh), 9-419 (PR Reiffel), 10-427 (GD McGrath)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc †Healy b Warne27751113036.00c †Healy b Warne8710713614081.30c †Healy b McGrath1844632040.90b Warne22227009.09c Blewett b Warne531181546044.91c Taylor b Reiffel45941396147.87c ME Waugh b Reiffel2839575071.79c Blewett b McGrath1834402152.94c †Healy b McGrath0617000.00not out1017242058.82b McGrath12122030100.00Extras13 (b 2, lb 6, nb 5)TOTAL313 all out (93.5 Overs, RR: 3.33)Fall of wickets: 1-106 (MA Atherton), 2-129 (AJ Stewart), 3-135 (N Hussain), 4-141 (JP Crawley), 5-243 (AJ Hollioake), 6-243 (GP Thorpe), 7-272 (RDB Croft), 8-290 (BC Hollioake), 9-290 (AR Caddick), 10-313 (DE Malcolm)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Hussain b BC Hollioake451001357045.00c Crawley b Caddick3740647092.50c †Stewart b Caddick60941287063.82lbw b Headley722321031.81c AJ Hollioake b Caddick1425592056.00c †Stewart b AJ Hollioake451311684034.35c †Stewart b AJ Hollioake63781049080.76c Thorpe b Croft2036480155.55c BC Hollioake b Croft2237563059.45c Thorpe b Headley419190021.05not out11616006.25Extras18 (b 1, lb 11, nb 6)TOTAL336 all out (98.5 Overs, RR: 3.39)Fall of wickets: 1-51 (MTG Elliott), 2-105 (MA Taylor), 3-134 (ME Waugh), 4-156 (GS Blewett), 5-171 (SR Waugh), 6-276 (IA Healy), 7-292 (RT Ponting), 8-314 (SK Warne), 9-326 (JN Gillespie), 10-336 (PR Reiffel)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc †Healy b McGrath832371025.00c SR Waugh b Reiffel1622393072.72c †Healy b Gillespie3341664080.48b Gillespie2137492056.75not out829212713089.13lbw b Gillespie27170028.57lbw b Warne22531008.00c McGrath b Warne66801100.00lbw b Warne01015000.00c †Healy b McGrath426351015.38c ME Waugh b McGrath022000.00Extras12 (b 6, lb 2, nb 4)TOTAL186 all out (48.5 Overs, RR: 3.8)Fall of wickets: 1-25 (MA Atherton), 2-25 (AJ Stewart), 3-78 (N Hussain), 4-99 (JP Crawley), 5-121 (AJ Hollioake), 6-144 (BC Hollioake), 7-150 (RDB Croft), 8-166 (AR Caddick), 9-186 (DW Headley), 10-186 (DE Malcolm)
Australia , elected to bat first
Player Of The Match
Australia led the 6-match series 3-1
7,8,9,10 August 1997 (5-day match)
- Thu, 07 Aug - day 1 - Australia 1st innings 302/3 (ME Waugh 60*, SR Waugh 38*)
- Fri, 08 Aug - day 2 - England 1st innings 188/4 (GP Thorpe 30*, AJ Hollioake 15*)
- Sat, 09 Aug - day 3 - Australia 2nd innings 167/4 (SR Waugh 10*, RT Ponting 5*)
- Sun, 10 Aug - day 4 - England 2nd innings 186 (48.5 ov) - end of match
- England were 8 wickets down at the scheduled stumps time, and MA Taylor claimed the extra half an hour of play.
- With the dismissal of Stewart in the first innings, Healy reached the mark of 300 catches in Tests (100 against England)
- McGrath was warned for running on the pitch in his follow through after the 37th over.