- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc †Stewart b Headley6915811710058.97b Caddick7621915512049.03c †Stewart b BC Hollioake501421157043.47lbw b Caddick681741247054.83b Malcolm7517010213073.52b Headley915151060.00c AJ Hollioake b Malcolm1629182088.88c Thorpe b Malcolm0115000.00c Thorpe b Headley2662454057.77not out1853342052.94b Headley11060016.66Extras19 (b 4, lb 10, nb 4, w 1)TOTAL427 all out (121.5 Overs, RR: 3.50)Fall of wickets: 1-117 (MTG Elliott, ), 2-160 (MA Taylor, ), 3-225 (GS Blewett, ), 4-311 (ME Waugh, ), 5-325 (RT Ponting, ), 6-355 (IA Healy, ), 7-363 (SK Warne, ), 8-386 (SR Waugh, ), 9-419 (PR Reiffel, ), 10-427 (GD McGrath, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc †Healy b Warne27111753036.00c †Healy b Warne8713610714081.30c †Healy b McGrath1863442040.90b Warne22722009.09c Blewett b Warne531541186044.91c Taylor b Reiffel45139946147.87c ME Waugh b Reiffel2857395071.79c Blewett b McGrath1840342152.94c †Healy b McGrath0176000.00not out1024172058.82b McGrath12201230100.00Extras13 (b 2, lb 6, nb 5)TOTAL313 all out (93.5 Overs, RR: 3.33)Fall of wickets: 1-106 (MA Atherton, ), 2-129 (AJ Stewart, ), 3-135 (N Hussain, ), 4-141 (JP Crawley, ), 5-243 (AJ Hollioake, ), 6-243 (GP Thorpe, ), 7-272 (RDB Croft, ), 8-290 (BC Hollioake, ), 9-290 (AR Caddick, ), 10-313 (DE Malcolm, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Hussain b BC Hollioake451351007045.00c Crawley b Caddick3764407092.50c †Stewart b Caddick60128947063.82lbw b Headley732221031.81c AJ Hollioake b Caddick1459252056.00c †Stewart b AJ Hollioake451681314034.35c †Stewart b AJ Hollioake63104789080.76c Thorpe b Croft2048360155.55c BC Hollioake b Croft2256373059.45c Thorpe b Headley419190021.05not out11616006.25Extras18 (b 1, lb 11, nb 6)TOTAL336 all out (98.5 Overs, RR: 3.39)Fall of wickets: 1-51 (MTG Elliott, ), 2-105 (MA Taylor, ), 3-134 (ME Waugh, ), 4-156 (GS Blewett, ), 5-171 (SR Waugh, ), 6-276 (IA Healy, ), 7-292 (RT Ponting, ), 8-314 (SK Warne, ), 9-326 (JN Gillespie, ), 10-336 (PR Reiffel, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc †Healy b McGrath837321025.00c SR Waugh b Reiffel1639223072.72c †Healy b Gillespie3366414080.48b Gillespie2149372056.75not out821279213089.13lbw b Gillespie21770028.57lbw b Warne23125008.00c McGrath b Warne68601100.00lbw b Warne01510000.00c †Healy b McGrath435261015.38c ME Waugh b McGrath022000.00Extras12 (b 6, lb 2, nb 4)TOTAL186 all out (48.5 Overs, RR: 3.80)Fall of wickets: 1-25 (MA Atherton, ), 2-25 (AJ Stewart, ), 3-78 (N Hussain, ), 4-99 (JP Crawley, ), 5-121 (AJ Hollioake, ), 6-144 (BC Hollioake, ), 7-150 (RDB Croft, ), 8-166 (AR Caddick, ), 9-186 (DW Headley, ), 10-186 (DE Malcolm, )
Australia , elected to bat first
Player Of The Match
Australia led the 6-match series 3-1
7,8,9,10 August 1997 (5-day match)
- Thu, 7 Aug - day 1 - Australia 1st innings 302/3 (ME Waugh 60*, SR Waugh 38*)
- Fri, 8 Aug - day 2 - England 1st innings 188/4 (GP Thorpe 30*, AJ Hollioake 15*)
- Sat, 9 Aug - day 3 - Australia 2nd innings 167/4 (SR Waugh 10*, RT Ponting 5*)
- Sun, 10 Aug - day 4 - England 2nd innings 186 (48.5 ov) - end of match
- England were 8 wickets down at the scheduled stumps time, and MA Taylor claimed the extra half an hour of play.
- With the dismissal of Stewart in the first innings, Healy reached the mark of 300 catches in Tests (100 against England)
- McGrath was warned for running on the pitch in his follow through after the 37th over.