- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Azharuddin b Prasad611111054.54c Laxman b Ganesh2460415058.53not out13744628412048.23c Tendulkar b Prasad1986573033.33c †Mongia b Ganesh1944303063.33c Azharuddin b Prasad521161031.25c Tendulkar b Kumble2494744032.43b Prasad41370057.14c Tendulkar b Kuruvilla3786616060.65run out (Prasad/†Mongia/Kumble)1129162068.75lbw b Prasad0174000.00Extras12 (lb 5, nb 7)TOTAL298 all out (98.4 Overs, RR: 3.02)Fall of wickets: 1-10 (SL Campbell, ), 2-40 (SC Williams, ), 3-88 (BC Lara, ), 4-118 (CL Hooper, ), 5-131 (RIC Holder, ), 6-187 (CO Browne, ), 7-193 (IR Bishop, ), 8-258 (CEL Ambrose, ), 9-290 (FA Rose, ), 10-298 (M Dillon, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRb Ambrose640340017.64c †Browne b Rose2657316083.87b Bishop783722438032.09c Campbell b Bishop9222214714162.58c †Browne b Dillon2275533041.50c †Browne b Rose17118701024.28c Williams b Bishop12014007.14not out2381531043.39b Ambrose077000.00c †Browne b Rose830241033.33c Holder b Rose022000.00Extras46 (b 2, lb 12, nb 30, w 2)TOTAL319 all out (106 Overs, RR: 3.00)Fall of wickets: 1-23 (VVS Laxman, ), 2-42 (NS Sidhu, ), 3-212 (SR Tendulkar, ), 4-253 (SC Ganguly, ), 5-273 (R Dravid, ), 6-275 (NR Mongia, ), 7-295 (M Azharuddin, ), 8-296 (A Kuruvilla, ), 9-319 (D Ganesh, ), 10-319 (BKV Prasad, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc †Mongia b Ganesh1877584031.03b Prasad0137000.00lbw b Kuruvilla318130023.07c Azharuddin b Prasad45104676067.16lbw b Ganesh425140028.57c †Mongia b Prasad1351302043.33c †Mongia b Kuruvilla1440025.00lbw b Kuruvilla622121050.00not out1860302060.00c Ganguly b Kuruvilla428200020.00b Kuruvilla21231731123.52Extras7 (lb 5, nb 2)TOTAL140 all out (45 Overs, RR: 3.11)Fall of wickets: 1-9 (SC Williams, ), 2-18 (S Chanderpaul, ), 3-37 (SL Campbell, ), 4-65 (CL Hooper, ), 5-86 (BC Lara, ), 6-87 (CO Browne, ), 7-91 (RIC Holder, ), 8-95 (IR Bishop, ), 9-107 (FA Rose, ), 10-140 (M Dillon, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRb Rose1977612031.14c Williams b Rose322100030.00c †Browne b Rose23621009.52c Lara b Bishop425140028.57b Ambrose825182044.44b Ambrose926142064.28b Bishop539240020.83c Holder b Bishop1860016.66not out659300020.00c Holder b Ambrose925210042.85b Bishop01010000.00Extras15 (b 2, lb 2, nb 11)TOTAL81 all out (35.5 Overs, RR: 2.26)Fall of wickets: 1-3 (NS Sidhu, ), 2-16 (R Dravid, ), 3-32 (VVS Laxman, ), 4-32 (SR Tendulkar, ), 5-45 (SC Ganguly, ), 6-51 (M Azharuddin, ), 7-57 (A Kumble, ), 8-66 (NR Mongia, ), 9-80 (A Kuruvilla, ), 10-81 (BKV Prasad, )
Player Of The Match
- Thu, 27 Mar - day 1 - West Indies 1st innings 240/7 (S Chanderpaul 102*, CEL Ambrose 28*)
- Fri, 28 Mar - rest day
- Sat, 29 Mar - day 2 - India 1st innings 249/3 (R Dravid 71*, SC Ganguly 21*)
- Sun, 30 Mar - day 3 - India 2nd innings 2/0 (VVS Laxman 0*, NS Sidhu 2*)
- Mon, 31 Mar - day 4 - India 2nd innings 81 (35.5 ov) - end of match
- Kuruvilla picks up maiden 5 wkt haul.
- West Indies skittled out for their lowest score against India.
- India had to bat for 6 overs. Bad light stopped the play. For the third straight day, play was extended by another hour after the close of play time.
- After Lunch, Umpire Lloyd Barker was indisposed and off the field as something had fallen into his eyes. The reserve umpire (4th umpire) Dalton Holder stood in for him until the first drinks break after Lunch.
- Slow over rate from West Indies (roughly 12.2 per hour) caused the play to be extended an hour beyond. Still the overs couldn't be completed, as the bad light stopped the play.
- 2nd new ball taken on 4th ball of the 83rd over (bowled by Ganesh).
- Chanderpaul's maiden Test century, 100 from 231 balls, 8x4.
- Indian over rate was very slow and play was extended beyond the close by an hour, but bad light stopped the play with 4.2 overs remaining.
There was a phase in Sachin Tendulkar's career when he felt so "scarred" and "devastated" by India's ineptitude under his captaincy that he wanted to completely move away from the sport