- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Campbell b Whittall3487533064.15c GW Flower b Brandes1318150186.66run out (Strang)224200010.00c †A Flower b Brandes2468471051.06c †A Flower b Streak063000.00c †A Flower b Streak45100623072.58c Waller b Evans419220018.18c Campbell b Streak2148342061.76lbw b Streak001000.00c & b Streak41180050.00not out01000-Extras21 (b 6, lb 2, nb 2, w 11)TOTAL168 all out (43.5 Overs, RR: 3.83)Fall of wickets: 1-23 (SR Tendulkar, ), 2-33 (SC Ganguly, ), 3-68 (V Rathour, ), 4-72 (A Jadeja, ), 5-84 (M Azharuddin, ), 6-95 (NR Mongia, ), 7-159 (A Kumble, ), 8-159 (SB Joshi, ), 9-168 (D Ganesh, ), 10-168 (RR Singh, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRb Ganesh2534395064.10not out61102719085.91c Azharuddin b Kumble2444322075.00not out19281740111.76Extras10 (b 4, lb 2, nb 1, w 3)TOTAL139/2 (25.5 Overs, RR: 5.38)Fall of wickets: 1-31 (AC Waller, ), 2-96 (ADR Campbell, )
Zimbabwe , elected to field first
Zimbabwe led the 2-match series 1-0
Player of the match
15 February 1997 (50-over match)
- Waller dropped by Ganesh on 11.
- Rain interrupted play after 11 overs in the Zimbabwe innings. Target reduced to 136 off 38 overs (using the Clark-Samson Rain Rule).
- 2nd Match abandoned due to wet outfield, Zimbabwe wins the series 1-0.