- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRlbw b Mushtaq Ahmed3993675058.20lbw b Mohammad Zahid1250322037.50lbw b Mohammad Zahid310200150.00c †Moin Khan b Mushtaq Ahmed6719010911061.46c †Moin Khan b Mushtaq Ahmed1114122091.66c Saeed Anwar b Mushtaq Ahmed29200100.00c Mohammad Wasim b Mushtaq Ahmed943230039.13lbw b Mohammad Zahid1330033.33c †Moin Khan b Mohammad Zahid551541489037.16c Ijaz Ahmed b Mushtaq Ahmed2177502042.00not out1760016.66Extras28 (b 4, lb 14, nb 10)TOTAL249 all out (74 Overs, RR: 3.36)Fall of wickets: 1-33 (JTC Vaughan, ), 2-43 (AC Parore, ), 3-59 (BA Young, ), 4-77 (NJ Astle, ), 5-87 (MJ Greatbatch, ), 6-110 (CL Cairns, ), 7-111 (CZ Harris, ), 8-192 (SP Fleming, ), 9-241 (LK Germon, ), 10-249 (DN Patel, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Doull b Cairns14931121420069.62c Fleming b Cairns2860033.33lbw b Cairns12527319819163.13lbw b Harris421401015041.58c Vaughan b Harris1540025.00b Cairns782131598049.05c Cairns b Doull527220022.72lbw b Doull226160012.50c & b Cairns1042401025.00lbw b Astle031000.00not out061000.00Extras16 (lb 14, nb 2)TOTAL430 all out (126.4 Overs, RR: 3.39)Fall of wickets: 1-6 (Zahoor Elahi, ), 2-268 (Ijaz Ahmed, ), 3-290 (Saeed Anwar, ), 4-291 (Inzamam-ul-Haq, ), 5-375 (Mushtaq Ahmed, ), 6-394 (Mohammad Wasim, ), 7-398 (Moin Khan, ), 8-419 (Shahid Nazir, ), 9-420 (Mohammad Zahid, ), 10-430 (Saleem Malik, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Zahoor Elahi b Mohammad Zahid611711216050.41lbw b Mohammad Zahid27122754036.00lbw b Mohammad Zahid632271022.22b Mohammad Zahid02912000.00c Saeed Anwar b Mushtaq Ahmed1936302063.33lbw b Mohammad Zahid12618005.55c †Moin Khan b Shahid Nazir425151026.66b Mushtaq Ahmed1133181061.11lbw b Mohammad Zahid1438273051.85lbw b Mohammad Zahid01911000.00not out41061066.66Extras21 (lb 7, nb 13, w 1)TOTAL168 all out (58 Overs, RR: 2.89)Fall of wickets: 1-82 (JTC Vaughan, ), 2-105 (AC Parore, ), 3-109 (BA Young, ), 4-112 (LK Germon, ), 5-119 (NJ Astle, ), 6-137 (MJ Greatbatch, ), 7-137 (SP Fleming, ), 8-163 (CL Cairns, ), 9-163 (DN Patel, ), 10-168 (CZ Harris, )
Pakistan , elected to field first
Player Of The Match
2-match series drawn 1-1
28,29,30 November, 1 December 1996 (5-day match)
- Thu, 28 Nov - day 1 - New Zealand 1st innings 215/8 (LK Germon 45*, DN Patel 6*)
- Fri, 29 Nov - day 2 - Pakistan 1st innings 269/2 (Saeed Anwar 130*, Mushtaq Ahmed 1*)
- Sat, 30 Nov - day 3 - New Zealand 2nd innings 69/0 (BA Young 38*, JTC Vaughan 26*)
- Sun, 1 Dec - day 4 - New Zealand 2nd innings 168 (58 ov) - end of match
- Mohammad Zahid is the first Pakistan player to take 10 wickets on Test debut.
- Saeed Anwar 149 off 214 balls, 305 mins, 20x4.
- Mushtaq Ahmed (42) is his best Test innings.
- CL Cairns fined 50 percent of his match fee for disputing an umpiring decision.
- Ijaz Ahmed fined 50 percent of his match fee for dissent after being given out by umpire Javed Akhtar.
- Lunch: NZ 68/3 (Fleming 7*, Astle 3*)
- Tea: NZ 163/7 (Fleming 52*, Germon 20*)
- SP Fleming 50, 9x4 (10th Test 50)
- SP Fleming 67 off 110 balls, 208 mins, 11x4.
- 4 overs into the 3rd session play was delayed for 20 minutes due to the low position of the sun which was being reflected off objects into the batsmen eyes.