- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc & b Kumble44130966045.83lbw b Prasad2772514052.94b Kapoor1447481029.16c Dravid b Joshi2687690037.68c †Mongia b Kapoor045000.00lbw b Joshi2663573045.61b Kumble1758433039.53c Rathour b Kumble11712008.33c Dravid b Kumble726311022.58not out616211028.57run out (Prasad/†Mongia)610610100.00Extras8 (b 4, lb 3, nb 1)TOTAL182 all out (73 Overs, RR: 2.49, 269 minutes)Fall of wickets: 1-47 (MA Taylor, ), 2-81 (RT Ponting, ), 3-93 (MJ Slater, ), 4-94 (SR Waugh, ), 5-143 (MG Bevan, ), 6-144 (ME Waugh, ), 7-147 (GB Hogg, ), 8-169 (PR Reiffel, ), 9-170 (IA Healy, ), 10-182 (GD McGrath, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Ponting b Reiffel534290017.24b Reiffel15249736618141.53c ME Waugh b Hogg6619015410142.85c ME Waugh b McIntyre1012112090.90b McGrath1741413041.46c †Healy b SR Waugh4065645062.50c Ponting b McIntyre2371422154.76c Ponting b ME Waugh2249442050.00lbw b Reiffel23725008.00not out02113000.00b McIntyre311110027.27Extras21 (b 10, lb 1, nb 10)TOTAL361 all out (131.4 Overs, RR: 2.74, 519 minutes)Fall of wickets: 1-13 (V Rathour, ), 2-144 (SC Ganguly, ), 3-169 (SR Tendulkar, ), 4-199 (M Azharuddin, ), 5-260 (R Dravid, ), 6-303 (SB Joshi, ), 7-341 (AR Kapoor, ), 8-353 (NR Mongia, ), 9-354 (A Kumble, ), 10-361 (BKV Prasad, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Rathour b Kapoor371491124033.03c Azharuddin b Johnson072000.00b Prasad1325212061.90c †Mongia b Kumble2380664034.84c Azharuddin b Kumble3393705047.14not out672732215030.31st †Mongia b Kumble1211143085.71c Rathour b Kumble431290013.79lbw b Kumble637390015.38lbw b Prasad1673622025.80c †Mongia b Prasad078000.00Extras23 (b 9, lb 6, nb 7, w 1)TOTAL234 all out (108.3 Overs, RR: 2.15, 393 minutes)Fall of wickets: 1-4 (MJ Slater, ), 2-25 (RT Ponting, ), 3-72 (ME Waugh, ), 4-78 (MA Taylor, ), 5-145 (MG Bevan, ), 6-159 (IA Healy, ), 7-171 (GB Hogg, ), 8-191 (PR Reiffel, ), 9-232 (PE McIntyre, ), 10-234 (GD McGrath, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRb Reiffel1440283050.00lbw b Reiffel096000.00not out2156293072.41b McGrath067000.00not out21221250175.00Extras2 (nb 1, w 1)TOTAL58/3 (13.2 Overs, RR: 4.35)Fall of wickets: 1-1 (NR Mongia, ), 2-25 (V Rathour, ), 3-26 (SR Tendulkar, )
Player Of The Match
- Thu, 10 Oct - day 1 - India 1st innings 57/1 (NR Mongia 26*, SC Ganguly 19*)
- Fri, 11 Oct - day 2 - India 1st innings 319/6 (NR Mongia 137*, AR Kapoor 8*)
- Sat, 12 Oct - day 3 - Australia 2nd innings 168/6 (SR Waugh 32*, GB Hogg 3*)
- Sun, 13 Oct - day 4 - India 2nd innings 58/3 (13.2 ov) - end of match
- Last ball of over 25: Healy missed a stumping chance against Ganguly off McIntyre.
- Over 40: Umpire Venkat unofficially warned McGrath about running on the pitch between balls 3 and 4. An official warning followed at the end of the over.
- Over 42: Ganguly struck in the body by a bouncer from McGrath. Required physio's attention but was okay.
- Over 45: Mongia's 50 off 127 balls in 180 minutes, with 6 4s. His second Test 50.
- MG Bevan is SB Joshi's first Test wicket.
A dasher, a spinner, a grafter, a keeper: a look back to 1996, when India and Australia last met in a Test in Delhi