- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc & b Kumble44961306045.83lbw b Prasad2751724052.94b Kapoor1448471029.16c Dravid b Joshi2669870037.68c †Mongia b Kapoor054000.00lbw b Joshi2657633045.61b Kumble1743583039.53c Rathour b Kumble11217008.33c Dravid b Kumble731261022.58not out621161028.57run out (Prasad/†Mongia)661010100.00Extras8 (b 4, lb 3, nb 1)TOTAL182 all out (73 Overs, RR: 2.49, 269 minutes)Fall of wickets: 1-47 (MA Taylor), 2-81 (RT Ponting), 3-93 (MJ Slater), 4-94 (SR Waugh), 5-143 (MG Bevan), 6-144 (ME Waugh), 7-147 (GB Hogg), 8-169 (PR Reiffel), 9-170 (IA Healy), 10-182 (GD McGrath)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Ponting b Reiffel529340017.24b Reiffel15236649718141.53c Waugh b Hogg6615419010142.85c Waugh b McIntyre1011122090.90b McGrath1741413041.46c †Healy b Waugh4064655062.50c Ponting b McIntyre2342712154.76c Ponting b Waugh2244492050.00lbw b Reiffel22537008.00not out01321000.00b McIntyre311110027.27Extras21 (b 10, lb 1, nb 10)TOTAL361 all out (131.4 Overs, RR: 2.74, 519 minutes)Fall of wickets: 1-13 (V Rathour), 2-144 (SC Ganguly), 3-169 (SR Tendulkar), 4-199 (M Azharuddin), 5-260 (R Dravid), 6-303 (SB Joshi), 7-341 (AR Kapoor), 8-353 (NR Mongia), 9-354 (A Kumble), 10-361 (BKV Prasad)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Rathour b Kapoor371121494033.03c Azharuddin b Johnson027000.00b Prasad1321252061.90c †Mongia b Kumble2366804034.84c Azharuddin b Kumble3370935047.14not out672212735030.31st †Mongia b Kumble1214113085.71c Rathour b Kumble429310013.79lbw b Kumble639370015.38lbw b Prasad1662732025.80c †Mongia b Prasad087000.00Extras23 (b 9, lb 6, nb 7, w 1)TOTAL234 all out (108.3 Overs, RR: 2.15, 393 minutes)Fall of wickets: 1-4 (MJ Slater), 2-25 (RT Ponting), 3-72 (ME Waugh), 4-78 (MA Taylor), 5-145 (MG Bevan), 6-159 (IA Healy), 7-171 (GB Hogg), 8-191 (PR Reiffel), 9-232 (PE McIntyre), 10-234 (GD McGrath)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRb Reiffel1428403050.00lbw b Reiffel069000.00not out2129563072.41b McGrath076000.00not out21122250175.00Extras2 (nb 1, w 1)TOTAL58/3 (13.2 Overs, RR: 4.35)Fall of wickets: 1-1 (NR Mongia), 2-25 (V Rathour), 3-26 (SR Tendulkar)
Player Of The Match
- Thu, 10 Oct - day 1 - India 1st innings 57/1 (NR Mongia 26*, SC Ganguly 19*, )
- Fri, 11 Oct - day 2 - India 1st innings 319/6 (NR Mongia 137*, AR Kapoor 8*, )
- Sat, 12 Oct - day 3 - Australia 2nd innings 168/6 (SR Waugh 32*, GB Hogg 3*, )
- Sun, 13 Oct - day 4 - India 2nd innings 58/3 (13.2 ov) - end of match
- Last ball of over 25: Healy missed a stumping chance against Ganguly off McIntyre.
- Over 40: Umpire Venkat unofficially warned McGrath about running on the pitch between balls 3 and 4. An official warning followed at the end of the over.
- Over 42: Ganguly struck in the body by a bouncer from McGrath. Required physio's attention but was okay.
- Over 45: Mongia's 50 off 127 balls in 180 minutes, with 6 4s. His second Test 50.
- MG Bevan is SB Joshi's first Test wicket.
A dasher, a spinner, a grafter, a keeper: a look back to 1996, when India and Australia last met in a Test in Delhi