- BATSMENRB4s6sSRlbw b Brown2140014.28c †Russell b Hick7412010061.66b Cork180012.50b Mullally14821818167.88run out (Salisbury/†Russell)7121058.33lbw b Cork17641026.56lbw b Ealham10341029.41c Hick b Salisbury451114040.54c †Russell b Mullally11292037.93c Brown b Mullally491044.44not out10372027.02Extras11 (b 3, nb 3, lb 5)TOTAL340 all out (108.2 Overs)
Bowling O M R W Econ DG Cork 28.0 6 100 2 3.57 SJE Brown 17.0 2 78 1 4.58 AD Mullally 24.0 8 44 3 1.83 IDK Salisbury 12.2 1 42 1 3.40 MA Ealham 21.0 4 42 1 2.00 GA Hick 6.0 0 26 1 4.33 Fall of wickets:1-7 (Aamer Sohail, ), 2-12 (Ijaz Ahmed, ), 3-142 (Saeed Anwar, ), 4-153 (Saleem Malik, ), 5-209 (Shadab Kabir, ), 6-257 (Wasim Akram, ), 7-267 (Inzamam-ul-Haq, ), 8-280 (Mushtaq Ahmed, ), 9-290 (Waqar Younis, ), 10-340 (Rashid Latif, )
- BATSMENRB4s6sSRlbw b Waqar Younis511077047.66lbw b Wasim Akram12820150.00lbw b Mushtaq Ahmed391026038.23b Ata-ur-Rehman771676046.10b Waqar Younis4200020.00c †Rashid Latif b Ata-ur-Rehman25793031.64not out411105037.27c Saeed Anwar b Ata-ur-Rehman340075.00lbw b Waqar Younis5510100.00b Waqar Younis02000.00b Ata-ur-Rehman117005.88Extras27 (b 9, w 1, nb 4, lb 13)TOTAL285 all out (102.4 Overs)
Bowling O M R W Econ Wasim Akram 22.0 4 49 1 2.22 Waqar Younis 24.0 6 69 4 2.87 Mushtaq Ahmed 38.0 5 92 1 2.42 Ata-ur-Rehman 15.4 3 50 4 3.19 Aamer Sohail 3.0 1 3 0 1.00 Fall of wickets:1-27 (MA Atherton, ), 2-107 (NV Knight, ), 3-107 (AJ Stewart, ), 4-116 (GA Hick, ), 5-180 (MA Ealham, ), 6-260 (GP Thorpe, ), 7-264 (DG Cork, ), 8-269 (IDK Salisbury, ), 9-269 (AD Mullally, ), 10-285 (SJE Brown, )
- BATSMENRB4s6sSRc †Russell b Mullally881448161.11c †Russell b Cork331515021.85lbw b Cork761269160.31c Thorpe b Brown5111045.45c Ealham b Cork701489047.29not out27583046.55not out34436079.060000-0000-0000-0000-Extras19 (b 4, nb 1, lb 14)TOTAL352/5d (113.2 Overs)
- BATSMENRB4s6sSRlbw b Waqar Younis119005.26c sub (Asif Mujtaba) b Mushtaq Ahmed642118030.33c sub (Moin Khan) b Mushtaq Ahmed891898047.08lbw b Mushtaq Ahmed335008.57b Waqar Younis461066.66b Mushtaq Ahmed581062.50c †Rashid Latif b Waqar Younis180012.50b Waqar Younis3100030.00c †Rashid Latif b Wasim Akram40587068.96c sub (Moin Khan) b Mushtaq Ahmed6181033.33not out10272037.03Extras17 (b 6, nb 4, lb 7)TOTAL243 all out (97.1 Overs)
Bowling O M R W Econ Wasim Akram 21.1 5 45 1 2.12 Waqar Younis 25.0 3 85 4 3.40 Mushtaq Ahmed 38.0 15 57 5 1.50 Ata-ur-Rehman 11.0 2 33 0 3.00 Saleem Malik 1.0 0 1 0 1.00 Shadab Kabir 1.0 0 9 0 9.00 Fall of wickets:1-14 (NV Knight, ), 2-168 (MA Atherton, ), 3-171 (AJ Stewart, ), 4-176 (GA Hick, ), 5-181 (MA Ealham, ), 6-182 (RC Russell, ), 7-186 (DG Cork, ), 8-186 (GP Thorpe, ), 9-208 (AD Mullally, ), 10-243 (IDK Salisbury, )
- Lord's Cricket Ground, St John's Wood, London NW8 8QN. (Phone: 020 7616 8500)
Pakistan , elected to bat first
Pakistan led the 3-match series 1-0
Player of the match
- Man of the Match adjudicator: Jonathan Agnew
- Atherton dropped by Rashid Latif off Ata-ur-Rehman when on 19, and the England Total at 39/1.
- A maximum of 124 overs to be bowled in England's 2nd innings.
- Inzamam-ul-Haq bruised his left knee and left the field. Shahid Anwar substituted.
- Thorpe dropped by Rashid Latif off the bowling of Waqar Younis, when on 73 and England Total at 254/5.
- Lunch taken at the fall of the 9th wicket, Mullally.
- Aamer Sohail is injured. Shadab Kabir is opening the batting with Saeed Anwar.
- A female streaker runs towards the pavilion.
- Knight edged a googly from Mushtaq Ahmed and was dropped in the 1st slip by Aamir Sohail, when his score was 48 and England Total 100/1. While Knight indicated that he had played the ball, the Umpire awarded legbyes (2 runs). Replays however showed that Knight had indeed hit the ball.
- During the Tea interval, the umpires decided to award 2 runs to Knight (that were earlier awarded as legbyes).
- Ealham gave a chance of caught and bowled to Mushtaq Ahmed when on 18 and England Total 157/4.
- Wasim Akram off the field, Moin Khan the substitute fielder.
- Thorpe dropped at short leg off the bowling of Mushtaq Ahmed, when on 43, and England Total 200/5, in the last over of the day.
- The last instance when England played 2 left-arm seamers together was in 1912, H.Dean and F.Foster, 2 Tests.
- Simon Brown picked up his maiden wicket off his 10th ball in Tests.
- Cork was off the ground for a brief while to get his elbow bandaged, Andrew Flintoff substituted.
- Saleem Malik was dropped by Atherton (a difficult chance) of Ealham when he had not opened his account.
- Inzamam-ul-Haq's 5th Test century, all of them made abroad. He reached his century with a 4 and a 6 off Hick's bowling.
- Cork left the field in the 72nd over. Flintoff fielding as the substitute.
- Inzamam-ul-Haq dropped by Thorpe off Brown in the slips, at the individual score of 132, and Pakistan Total 251/5.
- When on 136, Inzamam-ul-Haq's crossed his previous highest score of 135* made against New Zealand.
- Mushtaq Ahmed and Rashid Latif ran 5 runs, but the TV replay umpire ruled that as only a 4, as the ball crossed the boundary.
- The 9th wicket fell on the 4th ball of the last over of the day. That was the close of play for Day 1.