- BATSMENRB4s6sSRc Atherton b Mullally111009.09lbw b Caddick35905038.88c †Russell b Cork14120120270.14c Atherton b Mullally2100020.00b Cork551433038.46c Thorpe b Cork512204023.18c †Russell b Caddick7121058.33c †Russell b Cork10519110154.97c Atherton b Caddick20432046.51c & b Cork7111063.63not out01000.00Extras24 (b 4, nb 10, lb 10)TOTAL448 all out (153.2 Overs)
Bowling O M R W Econ AR Caddick 40.2 6 113 3 2.80 AD Mullally 41.0 10 99 2 2.41 CC Lewis 32.0 4 100 0 3.12 DG Cork 37.0 6 113 5 3.05 GP Thorpe 3.0 1 9 0 3.00 Fall of wickets:1-1 (Saeed Anwar, ), 2-98 (Shadab Kabir, ), 3-103 (Inzamam-ul-Haq, ), 4-233 (Ijaz Ahmed, ), 5-252 (Saleem Malik, ), 6-266 (Wasim Akram, ), 7-378 (Asif Mujtaba, ), 8-434 (Moin Khan, ), 9-444 (Waqar Younis, ), 10-448 (Mushtaq Ahmed, )
- BATSMENRB4s6sSRc †Moin Khan b Wasim Akram12132092.30c & b Mushtaq Ahmed17031524053.96c & b Waqar Younis48855056.47c Shadab Kabir b Mushtaq Ahmed16542029.62c †Moin Khan b Ata-ur-Rehman531155046.08c Mushtaq Ahmed b Waqar Younis11317616064.20b Wasim Akram9491018.36b Mushtaq Ahmed9410021.95c Shadab Kabir b Wasim Akram26713036.61b Waqar Younis451080.00not out9230139.13Extras32 (b 7, nb 2, lb 23)TOTAL501 all out (156.5 Overs)
Bowling O M R W Econ Wasim Akram 39.5 10 106 3 2.66 Waqar Younis 33.0 7 127 3 3.84 Ata-ur-Rehman 22.0 1 90 1 4.09 Mushtaq Ahmed 55.0 17 142 3 2.58 Asif Mujtaba 7.0 5 6 0 0.85 Fall of wickets:1-14 (MA Atherton, ), 2-121 (N Hussain, ), 3-168 (GP Thorpe, ), 4-257 (JP Crawley, ), 5-365 (AJ Stewart, ), 6-402 (RC Russell, ), 7-441 (CC Lewis, ), 8-465 (NV Knight, ), 9-471 (AR Caddick, ), 10-501 (DG Cork, )
- BATSMENRB4s6sSRc †Russell b Cork22453048.88c & b Lewis2130015.38c †Russell b Caddick521502034.66c Stewart b Caddick65839078.31c Cork b Caddick6181033.33run out (Atherton/Thorpe)26642040.62lbw b Atherton7480014.58not out30523057.69not out6270022.220000-0000-Extras26 (b 4, nb 10, lb 12)TOTAL242/7d (f/o) (81 Overs)
Bowling O M R W Econ AD Mullally 15.0 2 43 0 2.86 CC Lewis 16.0 3 52 1 3.25 AR Caddick 17.0 4 52 3 3.05 DG Cork 16.0 2 49 1 3.06 GP Thorpe 10.0 3 10 0 1.00 MA Atherton 7.0 1 20 1 2.85 Fall of wickets:1-16 (Shadab Kabir, ), 2-34 (Saeed Anwar, ), 3-132 (Inzamam-ul-Haq, ), 4-142 (Saleem Malik, ), 5-188 (Asif Mujtaba, ), 6-201 (Ijaz Ahmed, ), 7-221 (Wasim Akram, )
- Headingley Cricket Ground, St. Michael's Lane, Leeds, West Yorkhire. LS6 3BR (Phone: 0113-278-7394)
England , elected to field first
Pakistan led the 3-match series 1-0
- Shadab Kabir dropped by Thorpe at slip off Mullaly from the first ball he recieved.
- Third replacement ball (original out of shape) after 19.1 overs of the Pakistan 2nd innings.
- Saleem Malik reached 5001 runs in test cricket when he got to 6 runs with a boundary off Caddick. He became the third Pakistani batsman to cross 5000 runs after Zaheer Abbas and Javed Miandad.
- Ijaz Ahmed dropped by Hussain off Lewis, when on 32 and Pakistan total at 142/4.
- Atherton picks up his second test wicket in his career.
- Pakistan declared at 5.20pm.
- Man of the Match adjudicator: Mushtaq Mohammad
- Start of play delayed by 1 hour due to wet outfield.
- Maiden test century for Knight.
- Rain stops the play at 473/9 in 147.2 overs. Early Tea taken.
- Players came onto bat for the Pakistani innings, but went back due to poor light.
- Rain stops further play.
- Rain delays start of play by 60 minutes.
- Stewart's 8th test century, second against Pakistan.
- Stewart dropped by Wasim Akram off his own bowling when on 152, and England Total 329/4.
- 170 is the second highest score by Stewart. His highest score of 190 was also scored against Pakistan at Edgbaston in 1992.
- Bad light stopped the play.
- Moin Khan dropped at long-leg by Mullally off Caddick, when on 8.
- Moin Khan caught by Stewart off a no-ball from Mullally when on 18.
- Moin Khan dropped by Cork off his own bowling.
- Moin Khan's 3rd test century, first against England.
- Asif Mujtaba and Moin Khan set a record 7th wicket partnership of 122 runs for Pakistan against England. The previous best was 89 runs by Ijaz Ahmed and Salim Yousuf at The Oval in 1987.
- Russell picked up his 150th dismissal when he caught Moin Khan off the bowling of Cork.
- 3rd 5-wicket haul for Cork.
- Rain stopped play for 15 minutes with Pakistan 444-9.
- Highest score by Pakistan at Headingley.
- Ijaz Ahmed's 5th test century. First by a Pakistani at Headingley.
- Ijaz Ahmed was caught by Cork off a no-ball from Caddick when on 66, and Pakistan total at 113/3.
- When on 138, Ijaz Ahmed crossed his previous highest test score of 137 scored against Australia at Sydney, 1995-96.