- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Atherton b Mullally11112009.09lbw b Caddick35901225038.88c †Russell b Cork14120127920270.14c Atherton b Mullally210110020.00b Cork551431933038.46c Thorpe b Cork512202674023.18c †Russell b Caddick712171058.33c †Russell b Cork10519128210154.97c Atherton b Caddick2043832046.51c & b Cork711111063.63not out013000.00Extras24 (b 4, lb 10, nb 10)TOTAL448 all out (153.2 Overs, RR: 2.92)Fall of wickets: 1-1 (Saeed Anwar), 2-98 (Shadab Kabir), 3-103 (Inzamam-ul-Haq), 4-233 (Ijaz Ahmed), 5-252 (Saleem Malik), 6-266 (Wasim Akram), 7-378 (Asif Mujtaba), 8-434 (Moin Khan), 9-444 (Waqar Younis), 10-448 (Mushtaq Ahmed)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc †Moin Khan b Wasim Akram1213122092.30c & b Mushtaq Ahmed17031543724053.96c & b Waqar Younis48851085056.47c Shadab Kabir b Mushtaq Ahmed1654822029.62c †Moin Khan b Ata-ur-Rehman531151335046.08c Mushtaq Ahmed b Waqar Younis11317625916064.20b Wasim Akram949721018.36b Mushtaq Ahmed941570021.95c Shadab Kabir b Wasim Akram2671853036.61b Waqar Younis4581080.00not out923430139.13Extras32 (b 7, lb 23, nb 2)TOTAL501 all out (156.5 Overs, RR: 3.19)Fall of wickets: 1-14 (MA Atherton), 2-121 (N Hussain), 3-168 (GP Thorpe), 4-257 (JP Crawley), 5-365 (AJ Stewart), 6-402 (RC Russell), 7-441 (CC Lewis), 8-465 (NV Knight), 9-471 (AR Caddick), 10-501 (DG Cork)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc †Russell b Cork2245563048.88c & b Lewis213250015.38c †Russell b Caddick521502422034.66c Stewart b Caddick6583949078.31c Cork b Caddick618171033.33run out (Atherton/Thorpe)2664672040.62lbw b Atherton748540014.58not out3052523057.69not out627260022.22Extras26 (b 4, lb 12, nb 10)TOTAL242/7d (81 Overs, RR: 2.98)Fall of wickets: 1-16 (Shadab Kabir), 2-34 (Saeed Anwar), 3-132 (Inzamam-ul-Haq), 4-142 (Saleem Malik), 5-188 (Asif Mujtaba), 6-201 (Ijaz Ahmed), 7-221 (Wasim Akram)
England , elected to field first
Player Of The Match
Pakistan led the 3-match series 1-0
8,9,10,11,12 August 1996 (5-day match)
- Thu, 08 Aug - day 1 - Pakistan 1st innings 281/6 (Asif Mujtaba 19*, Moin Khan 8*, )
- Fri, 09 Aug - day 2 - England 1st innings 104/1 (AJ Stewart 52*, N Hussain 32*, )
- Sat, 10 Aug - day 3 - England 1st innings 373/5 (NV Knight 51*, RC Russell 0*, )
- Sun, 11 Aug - day 4 - England 1st innings 501 ()
- Mon, 12 Aug - day 5 - Pakistan 2nd innings 242/7d (81 ov) - end of match
- Shadab Kabir dropped by Thorpe at slip off Mullaly from the first ball he recieved.
- Third replacement ball (original out of shape) after 19.1 overs of the Pakistan 2nd innings.
- Saleem Malik reached 5001 runs in test cricket when he got to 6 runs with a boundary off Caddick. He became the third Pakistani batsman to cross 5000 runs after Zaheer Abbas and Javed Miandad.
- Ijaz Ahmed dropped by Hussain off Lewis, when on 32 and Pakistan total at 142/4.
- Atherton picks up his second test wicket in his career.
- Pakistan declared at 5.20pm.
- Man of the Match adjudicator: Mushtaq Mohammad
- Start of play delayed by 1 hour due to wet outfield.
- Maiden test century for Knight.
- Rain stops the play at 473/9 in 147.2 overs. Early Tea taken.
- Players came onto bat for the Pakistani innings, but went back due to poor light.
- Rain stops further play.
- Rain delays start of play by 60 minutes.
- Stewart's 8th test century, second against Pakistan.
- Stewart dropped by Wasim Akram off his own bowling when on 152, and England Total 329/4.
- 170 is the second highest score by Stewart. His highest score of 190 was also scored against Pakistan at Edgbaston in 1992.
- Bad light stopped the play.
- Moin Khan dropped at long-leg by Mullally off Caddick, when on 8.
- Moin Khan caught by Stewart off a no-ball from Mullally when on 18.
- Moin Khan dropped by Cork off his own bowling.
- Moin Khan's 3rd test century, first against England.
- Asif Mujtaba and Moin Khan set a record 7th wicket partnership of 122 runs for Pakistan against England. The previous best was 89 runs by Ijaz Ahmed and Salim Yousuf at The Oval in 1987.
- Russell picked up his 150th dismissal when he caught Moin Khan off the bowling of Cork.
- 3rd 5-wicket haul for Cork.
- Rain stopped play for 15 minutes with Pakistan 444-9.
- Highest score by Pakistan at Headingley.
- Ijaz Ahmed's 5th test century. First by a Pakistani at Headingley.
- Ijaz Ahmed was caught by Cork off a no-ball from Caddick when on 66, and Pakistan total at 113/3.
- When on 138, Ijaz Ahmed crossed his previous highest test score of 137 scored against Australia at Sydney, 1995-96.