- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Knight b Cork2066521038.46c Atherton b Lewis0169000.00c Atherton b Lewis2368474048.93b Cork2471414058.53c Knight b Irani1330273048.14b Mullally2048394051.28c Thorpe b Mullally1293641018.75c Knight b Cork51381062.50c †Russell b Mullally5294659080.00c Thorpe b Cork2876494057.14not out02418000.00Extras17 (b 3, lb 10, nb 4)TOTAL214 all out (69.1 Overs, RR: 3.09)Fall of wickets: 1-8 (A Jadeja, ), 1-40 (SV Manjrekar, ), 2-41 (V Rathour, ), 3-64 (M Azharuddin, ), 4-93 (SR Tendulkar, ), 5-103 (NR Mongia, ), 6-118 (SV Manjrekar, ), 7-127 (A Kumble, ), 8-150 (SB Joshi, ), 9-203 (J Srinath, ), 10-214 (PL Mhambrey, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc †Mongia b Srinath2778484056.25c Rathour b Mhambrey33122985033.67c sub (R Dravid) b Srinath12831322718156.38b Srinath2145302170.00c Mhambrey b Prasad840292027.58c †Mongia b Srinath34413470100.00b Prasad02214000.00c Rathour b Prasad011000.00c Jadeja b Prasad4890044.44lbw b Kumble1852352051.42not out1447253056.00Extras26 (b 16, lb 3, nb 7)TOTAL313 all out (90.2 Overs, RR: 3.46)Fall of wickets: 1-60 (NV Knight, ), 2-72 (MA Atherton, ), 3-109 (GP Thorpe, ), 4-149 (GA Hick, ), 5-195 (RC Irani, ), 6-205 (RC Russell, ), 7-205 (CC Lewis, ), 8-215 (DG Cork, ), 9-264 (MM Patel, ), 10-313 (N Hussain, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Hick b Cork721111063.63c †Russell b Lewis637271022.22c Hussain b Cork920361025.00c Thorpe b Lewis12226317719168.92b Mullally053000.00c †Russell b Mullally1299151080.00c Knight b Lewis1848642028.12run out (Knight/Hick)1570542027.77lbw b Lewis11814007.14b Lewis1528202075.00not out0166000.00Extras14 (b 4, lb 9, nb 1)TOTAL219 all out (70.4 Overs, RR: 3.09)Fall of wickets: 1-15 (V Rathour, ), 2-17 (A Jadeja, ), 3-35 (NR Mongia, ), 4-36 (M Azharuddin, ), 5-68 (SB Joshi, ), 6-127 (SV Manjrekar, ), 7-185 (A Kumble, ), 8-193 (J Srinath, ), 9-208 (SR Tendulkar, ), 10-219 (PL Mhambrey, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRlbw b Prasad1440291048.27not out531531003053.00c Srinath b Prasad1954432044.18not out1759362047.22Extras18 (b 8, lb 7, nb 2, w 1)TOTAL121/2 (33.5 Overs, RR: 3.57)Fall of wickets: 1-37 (NV Knight, ), 2-77 (N Hussain, )
- Edgbaston Stadium, Edgbaston Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, West Midlands B5 7QU. (Phone: 0844 635 1092)
India , elected to bat first
England led the 3-match series 1-0
Player of the match
6,7,8,9 June 1996 (5-day match)
- Thu, 6 Jun - day 1 - England 1st innings 60/0 (NV Knight 27*, MA Atherton 31*)
- Fri, 7 Jun - day 2 - India 2nd innings 5/0 (V Rathour 5*, A Jadeja 0*)
- Sat, 8 Jun - day 3 - England 2nd innings 73/1 (MA Atherton 29*, N Hussain 18*)
- Sun, 9 Jun - day 4 - England 2nd innings 121/2 (33.5 ov) - end of match
- Tendulkar's 9th test century
- Tendulkar reached his century with a 6 off Patel.
- India 2nd innings: 2x7 ball overs (DB Hair miscounted, once each for Mullally and Patel).
- Hussain's maiden test century
- SV Manjrekar (1) retired hurt on 10* from 40/1 to 103/5
- Manjrekar used a runner upon the resumption of his innings
- Irani took the wicket of Azharuddin off the 5th delivery he bowled in Test cricket.